Ruger Precision Rifle In Magnum Calibers

At the price CDNN has, it’s a no-brainer if you’re looking to pick up a rifle. Hell, I’m not in the market for a rifle and am thinking about getting one!

Military? There's so much fail here, I don't even know where to start. First, you do know that SOCOM is considering 6.5 Kardashian fir their snipers right now, don't you? And then, when was the last time DOD made a reasonable choice considering caliber/firearms/small arms? I give you a hint: lowest bidde who meets minimum requirements. If anything, I want BETTER shit than .mil, not the same.

Ya I messed up. I meant to say I was kind of concerned about the recoil until I shot it. It turned out to be very easy on the recoil front. And ya I do plan on using it in PRS.

Don't really care what others are using. Its all about learning to shoot better and having fun isn't it. Shouldn't matter what I'm using as long as it within the rules of PRS.

Frenchman, ya for d.m.r. otherwise the military wouldn't have adopted the Remington m2010.
Nick

Last edited:
Military? There's so much fail here, I don't even know where to start. First, you do know that SOCOM is considering 6.5 Kardashian fir their snipers right now, don't you? And then, when was the last time DOD made a reasonable choice considering caliber/firearms/small arms? I give you a hint: lowest bidde who meets minimum requirements. If anything, I want BETTER shit than .mil, not the same.

Says who? Oh, these guys...

SOCOM snipers will ditch their bullets for this new round next year

Its all about learning to shoot better and having fun isn't it. Shouldn't matter what I'm using as long as it within the rules of PRS.

Nick
Imo, shooting is about training for a gunfight, period. So, there shouldn't be any rules, except for the basic gunfight rules, one of the being that you should cheat et every occasion that presents itself to you.
Basic safety rules should still be valid tho.

Personally, I think that's the smart move. The 308 (or 6.5 Creedmoor or {6 creedmoor!}) will absolutely hammer out to 1000 yards or maybe a bit further. A shooter can purchase another caliber that will be capable beyond that, but the shooter's skill level must exponentially ramp-up to to utilize it beyond 1000 yards. And I'm not saying 1000 yards is a cake-walk either; hell, 600 yards is a real test of the shooter's ability.

"Extreme Long Range" is the current rage. Everybody wants to go out and buy a rifle that is capable to do it. These same shooters have probably never shot beyond 300 yards except to see if they can get a shot on paper.
Wide open spaces of the American West? I suppose there might be some fun in 300WM or 338L. Will it be that much more fun over the standard RPR calibers to justify the cost, recoil, and shorter barrel life? Not for me, but for those with the money and the desire: go for it.
Notice I referenced "fun", not "utility"; there is not practical "utility" to 338L. 300WM can be great big-game caliber, but nobody is going to carry a 20lb hunting rifle.

My comments about "Shooter" are about the general shooting public, not any individuals here.

Let the hate begin....
Then there are quite a few who punch only 100 yds and talk all kids of shite.
This thread went stupid.
YUP!!![popcorn]

Last edited:
I bought the savage at the beginning of this year. I bought the evolution. I picked the 300wm. Most expensive rifle I've ever bought. I plan to try my hand at PRS with it. I picked the 300wm because you don't see our military shooting 6.5cm. In the event the shtf the 300mw is way more practical and functional.

And being a 300 its a real pussycat to shoot.

Nick
The military is actuallly starting to adopt 6.5cm
Socom is starting to replace 308 with 6.5cm for marksmanship rifles, and Socom and marsoc always proceed the army with adopting newer technology

View attachment 260517
The Hulk is too punny. o_O Everyone knows He-Man would kick the Hulk’s arse.

Real Hulks shoot 20mm.

tenor.gif

I'd recommend 20mm but it might be a little on the loud side if you live in Mass and can't have a silencer .

UpMP8pv.gif

I heard Ruger was going to bolster their pathetic RPR lineup with one of these 20mm's once the puny 300 WM sales begin to slow down post product launch. Might still be a little slow for a gunfight but if you need speed for John Wick-like rapid fire I hear that Tokyo Marui makes some mean airsoft rigs.

What was the original topic again?

Back
Top Bottom