Ruger Precision .22lr

only one mag, you really want to slow the use of ammo.
What will you be running in it for ammo?

Well right now all I really have is a shit ton of bulk federal/CCI minimags. Bought some SK rifle match from an online retailer a few weeks ago when it was in stock, but was out of stock by the time I flipped them my LTC, so they just stored my order until the next time they are in stock. Lord only knows how long that's gonna take.

more mags on order, were out of stock.

Last edited:
My cheap ass could never justify spending that much for a .22. Most of my shooting with .22 is 50 -100 yards. Im getting half inch groupings with crap ammo andsmaller with good ammo. If i had FU money then why not id get two. That ruger precision looks cool though. Been wanting a bolt action .22.

What scope are you going with

welp, I ended up with a Trijicon Tenmile. How did I arrive at that point you ask? Good question. As it turned out, I randomly received a package from Midway containing said scope & when looking through my transactions after my initial confusion, it appears that I ordered it while shitfaced & forgot entirely. Yolo.

now I’m onto finding a precision bolt 308 of the same quality. Carry onFA036FA8-F708-4605-88A3-B15301AFED9A.jpeg

welp, I ended up with a Trijicon Tenmile. How did I arrive at that point you ask? Good question. As it turned out, I randomly received a package from Midway containing said scope & when looking through my transactions after my initial confusion, it appears that I ordered it while shitfaced & forgot entirely. Yolo.

now I’m onto finding a precision bolt 308 of the same quality. Carry onView attachment 512510

This fall/winter I think I'm going to start a build - probably with a bighorn origin action.

I did, however, just pick this up very recently. Since it's righty, I'll put together something for my son

IMG_2723.jpg

Maiden voyage with the Vudoo. Preface this with the fact I suck massive balls at precision shooting, but I think this thing shoots pretty well. Middle target spread was me sighting in scope and fiddling around with the knobs since I really don’t know what I’m doing with optic adjustments still to this day.

BB337851-2B68-4924-A8C8-B121D1A21BA5.jpeg

Nice!
Distance and ammo?

yeah that would probably help. This was @50 yds, ammo was SK rifle match. Once scope was sighted at 50yds I planned on going over to 100 to figure out the holdover, but it was windy as balls. Figured I’d be better off going back on a less windy day to dick around with that.

oh don’t you muppets start. You’re all the reason I’m into this rifle in the first place as I had no clue who Vudoo was prior to this thread.

308 bolt is next on my list.
if you`re into precision - get a 6.5CM or 6CM 24" bolt rig. a 6CM is probably better but factory ammo is a bigger pain to get compared to 6.5CM. 6.5CM is relatively common now.
for .308 do an AR10.

if you`re into precision - get a 6.5CM or 6CM 24" bolt rig. a 6CM is probably better but factory ammo is a bigger pain to get compared to 6.5CM. 6.5CM is a relatively common now.
for .308 do an AR10.
Already have an AR10, just was thinking a bolt in same caliber would be wise since I already have ammo & reloading dies for it. Not thrilled on introducing another caliber to my mix with this ammo situation.

Already have an AR10, just was thinking a bolt in same caliber would be wise since I already have ammo & reloading dies for it. Not thrilled on introducing another caliber to my mix with this ammo situation.
makes sense, but, you will like 6.5CM much more compared to .308.
trust me. :)

I’m sure I’ll get there at some point as I find this hobby is like a cancer where it just spreads me into everything. Just don’t want to try buying new calibers into these AIDS ammo prices.

I’m sure I’ll get there at some point as I find this hobby is like a cancer where it just spreads me into everything. Just don’t want to try buying new calibers into these AIDS ammo prices.
very true.
still there is a multitude of reasons of why 6.5 and 6 CM are trumping over .308. in a practical reality you will see much more stable groups at 300+.

plus, a 6.5CM match is actually quite cheaper than a good quality .308 match. still good to have both, but, i am sticking to a mediocre accurate ar10 platform for .308.

my next, if i will go there is eiher 6CM or 6.5x47 lapua. or 6x47 lapua. or... :)

yeah that would probably help. This was @50 yds, ammo was SK rifle match. Once scope was sighted at 50yds I planned on going over to 100 to figure out the holdover, but it was windy as balls. Figured I’d be better off going back on a less windy day to dick around with that.
Wow - It can definitely do its part. Good choice in ammo, too. That's the same as what used to be sold to Wolf for their Wolf Match Extra. That SK RM is one up from the SK Plus (which used to be what was sold to Wolf for Wolf Match). I find the SK stuff better than the current Eley Wolf production, but with rimfire, everyone's rifle differs.

Should have about the same POI as CCI SV, too, so you have a decent plinking alternative once (if) prices come back to sanity.

My first experience with anything that wasn’t CCI mini mags or federal bulk. Was intrigued to find that every round was lubricated. But, it seemingly shot well. I’m not skilled enough to claim one way or another

Was a good first shooting experience with the acquisition. Can’t say anything other than I’m impressed with Vudoo from the customer service interactions all the way down to final result. They were great at communicating and their lead time was spot on. Which in and of itself is a challenge in this covid supply world. Winner company. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to live in a state that will allow me to throw a can on this pig.

05E05C30-DD7B-44BB-9C8F-47D21DBD8D82.jpeg

My first experience with anything that wasn’t CCI mini mags or federal bulk. Was intrigued to find that every round was lubricated. But, it seemingly shot well. I’m not skilled enough to claim one way or another
Try out some Norma tac ammo sometime , also lubricated , and I found it to be extremely accurate out of my simple Ruger 10/22

Back
Top Bottom