• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger PC Carbine Chassis - length & fit?

Hello everyone! My first post - although I've been using your fine site for a dozen years. So far, the search box has answered every question I've ever had. Here is my question:

I've lived in ME and NH but am now in a compliant state. I'm wondering if the Ruger PC Carbine Chassis model 19126 (state compliant model) will fit me or not? It's the one with the AR style grip and stock. The stock is pinned. Near as I can tell from the literature, it is pinned at the furthest-out extension position. I'm 5' 8" with normal arms. Is this likely to work for me?

In normal times I could go to LGS and try it out, but that's not happening, as the only way I'll get one is to pre-order/pre-pay. I'd prefer this Chassis model (19126) but the traditional stock models are 1.25" shorter, so I'm not sure which way to go. Does anybody own 19126 who can comment?

Note, I'm interested to know about fit from factory, not new stock options. Thank u.

I recently bought the PC Carbine and am 5’7” with arms on the shorter side and I find it fine to shoot. I did speak with a local MA gunsmith and he said he could adjust and re-pin it for me if needed. He said it can be adjusted as long as it’s pinned in place. Hope that helps.

nobody on earth can answer whether LOP will fit you. if it's too long just re-pin the stock shorter. unless mechanically handicapped that can be done at home. it's not a trap gun so it doesn't need to fit perfectly. i am normal height but like to run all my rifles with very short LOP because i'm not a fudd.

this particular ruger carbine model is 7.3 lbs and doesn't even have iron sights. factor this into your application. with an optic and light that it will be heavy. if the standard model is available i'd go with that one.

The PC 9 is like a 10/22 no one really buys one because it "fits" you buy it to shoot the sknot out of it.
At some point that infection can set in and make you do silly things to some guns.
I am one of those.
Although I fought off the 10/22 modification disease for 30 years it got the best of me.
Buy it , shoot it, make it fit or sell it off.

Back
Top Bottom