Ruger pc carbine and evil features

Right, but you said even if you lived in NH you wouldn't want a threaded PCC, and you asked why they exist--that's a big part of it.

Subsonic 45 ACP with a suppressor is a nice package.

Yep I get it, never really considered them as an option so it didn't occur to me - but absolutely for those willing to put up with the BS they are a valid option.

I'm not sure I see any point to a threaded barrel on a PC rifle, there is no recoil and the flash is extremely minimal.

You want them on a rifle caliber, as those can flash fiercely (a 16 inch 5.56 has a real notable flash even in daylight).. but it's just added tacticool weight in a PC if you ask me, even in NH I would prefer a non threaded PC carbine.
Threaded barrel for people who wish to place a Suppressor on it. Unfortunatly, something Ma Residents are not allowed to have. Beside that, Ruger does have a selection of PC Carbines
Here are some examples Ruger® PC Carbine™ * Autoloading Rifle Models

I've got a related question for legally getting a muzzle break/comp put on a rifle in MA.
If I want to get the PC9 but be able to get a break pinned and welded, could I order it and have it sent to a FFL gunsmith and have them pin and weld the break/comp before transferring it to me?

or would I have to do something like get a second barrel, and have it modified before putting it on the rifle?

I've got a related question for legally getting a muzzle break/comp put on a rifle in MA.
If I want to get the PC9 but be able to get a break pinned and welded, could I order it and have it sent to a FFL gunsmith and have them pin and weld the break/comp before transferring it to me?

or would I have to do something like get a second barrel, and have it modified before putting it on the rifle?
If the actual barrel is 16” or longer you can do it yourself. If it’s under 16” then it need to be done a certain way to prevent a Fed offense. There is nothing in the law that says it must be pinned and welded or silver solder.
All it says is that is must be permanently attached, it doesn’t specifically say how. People assume it copied the fed AWB but it’s not written in MA law.

If the actual barrel is 16” or longer you can do it yourself. If it’s under 16” then it need to be done a certain way to prevent a Fed offense. There is nothing in the law that says it must be pinned and welded or silver solder.
All it says is that is must be permanently attached, it doesn’t specifically say how. People assume it copied the fed AWB but it’s not written in MA law.
The MA AWB is a word-for-word copy of the Fed AWB. The mechanism for permanent attachment was never defined there, either. The ATF provided guidance, and folks continue to work on the assumption that their guidance is the safest path because "I did what the ATF described" seems like a safer defense than "the law doesn't define permanent, so I used Red 271; it says 'Permanent' on the package." Obviously, everyone has a different willingness to accept risk.

Have you done any shouting with it? What do you think?

I was able to put a few hundred rounds through it before they closed Mass Rifle. To be honest, I couldn't tell a difference indoors. I was expecting to notice something but the blowback gas from the rifle was horrible. I'm going to try it again with and without to compare once they reopen.

Back
Top Bottom