Ruger PC-9 Carbine 19102 (threaded barrel)

Is a Ruger PC Carbine 9mm (model 19102, 10-cartridge capacity, w/threaded barrel) MA compliant? It appears to be NY, CA, CO and other state compliant. Ruger also makes a non-threaded barrel version (19101). The 19102 is a bit more expensive, and I was not looking for a threaded barrel, but it is more readily available.

Thanks.

I just got the 19124 Magpul Edition. I pinned the stock and welded a comp on the barrel. I have to say this gun is pretty awesome. Shoots all types of ammo well. Even ran a box of steel case though it without a hiccup. Pretty accurate too. Really like the take down feature and not that it needs much upgrading, there's lots of aftermarket upgrades available. Lot of gun for the $$.

As others have said, the threaded barrel is OK as long as it is the only "evil" feature. However, in my understanding, it would not be OK to later add a pistol grip stock to the threaded barrel version in Massachusetts. Adding a pistol grip would make two "evil" features.

For this reason, I have been undecided about which version of the PC carbine is preferable.

As others have said, the threaded barrel is OK as long as it is the only "evil" feature. However, in my understanding, it would not be OK to later add a pistol grip stock to the threaded barrel version in Massachusetts. Adding a pistol grip would make two "evil" features.

For this reason, I have been undecided about which version of the PC carbine is preferable.
If you get the threaded barrel model and later decide you want to swap out the stock for one with a pistol grip, you can either pin/weld the thread protector or just get a brake for it and pin/weld that. (I'd go with a brake.)

So, if I buy a SKU 19124, and have the stock pinned and brake welded, it is Mass compliant? Would a dealer accept a transfer of this in prior to having the compliance work done? Thanks!

Attachments

• ruger 19124.jpg
    ruger 19124.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom