• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger MKIII Tandemkross Victory trigger clicking on takeup

Folks,
A newly installed TandemKross Victory trigger is clicking on taking up the slack in a Ruger MKIII. Has anyone run into this before? It seems to get worse with decreased takeup adjustment.
This link should demonstrate the click heard just after takeup but before releasing the hammer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0m8eoh2ida0pem/TandemKrossVictoryClick.MOV?dl=0

Any ideas as to what might be causing this click?

Upon inspection, it appears that the disconnector is popping ever so slightly at the TandemKross hammer bushing. I can make it go away with light downward pressure on the disconnector at the hammer bushing; same with slight inward or outward pressure on the tail end of the disconnector. I can reproduce a click when I remove the hammer assembly, place the hammer bushing next to the disconnector and move the bushing slightly, causing one side of the bushing to pop into the hole in the disconnector. Not sure if this is what is actually happening. Looking at it from the mainspring housing, the noise occurs at the same time as when the small tang on the underside first makes contact with the right edge of the sear.

Last edited:
It looks like you've got a 22/45 and it sounds like the hammer bushing to remove the mag safety in addition to the new trigger? I've got the same setup, plus a volquartsen sear. No issues with mine as you are describing.
I just took it apart to see if I could reproduce something similar by pushing on the disconnector in various ways. Kind of get a slight click sometimes if I pushed sideways on the disconnector from the right... didn't seem as repeatable or obvious as in your video.

How long have you had this gun before installing these parts?
Did you install the hammer bushing at the same time as the trigger?

While I was messing with my 22/45 just now I remember I actually had a quite similar sounding issue with my other MK III (not a 22/45).
A few years after I bought it, and of course after shooting it plenty (with complete volquartsen kit installed), I decided to finally get rid of the mag safety by installing the tandemkross bushing. After putting in the bushing I had a clicking (could feel and hear it) in the trigger right before the break.

After assembling and reassmbling several times and messing with it without the upper attached I could see that, compared to the mag safety abomination with the spring, the new bushing applied a little different pressure and moved the hammer to one side ever so slightly. My conclusion was I had shot it enough in its current state that the sear and hammer must have been broken in and worn such that moving the hammer just that tiny bit caused the sear and hammer to interface on some spot that was not worn in as much - and during the trigger pull moving from a not so worn in spot to a broken in spot was causing the clicking.
My solution was I gave up on getting rid of the mag safety in that gun [sad2], and that new hammer bushing is now working just fine in my 22/45. Although, I did install the victory trigger in that MK III this past summer without any problems like I had from the hammer bushing...

Maybe your problem is something completely different.... couldn't really tell without playing with it myself.

Last edited:
i would think if you remove the barrel and cycle the trigger like you were doing in the video it should be obvious what is making the noise. it is not a complex gun at all

Back
Top Bottom