• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger MKIII LCI Filler Piece

Just thought some others might be interested in this stainless steel filler piece that is being offered to replace the plastic factory Loaded Chamber Indicator on MKIII's.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310919&page=11

They are available in stainless, bead blasted, and blued with prices ranging from $18 to about $22.

I am not affiliated with the individual making these in any way, just passing along the information. He makes them in batches so when the demand drops down these may not be available.

I don't see why it would be any different than modifying the "safe" 10 lb trigger pull, but IANAL and DYODD and all that.
It may disqualify the pistol for use in competition shooting so you would want to check your leauge rules before doing something like this.

Is it even legal to tamper with that "safety" device?

In most states (MA included) you can do more or less whatever you want to a handgun as long as you don't make it into an AW (or NFA item by adding a stock or VFG) in the process or deface the serial number. Everything else is fair game.

-Mike

hey Mike so is it legal to have the trigger pull on my S & W 380 bodygaurd? its a tough pull, was just curious as usual. thanks

hey Mike so is it legal to have the trigger pull on my S & W 380 bodygaurd? its a tough pull, was just curious as usual. thanks

You can do whatever you want, however, with that gun, there is probably not much you are going to be able to do to it given the lack of hammer mass- eg, if you lighten it up much the gun is going to stop firing when you want it to, which is bad.

-Mike

I keep intending to buy a couple of these, but I still haven't done it. There are some very nice pictures of these fillers over on Rimfire Central. I'll do it eventually.

ahh thanks for your always knowledgable answers Mike...Ill keep it as is. Have a good nite my friend

The BG380 isn't tough it's just long. [thinking] I would practice with it a bit more before you go around and mess with that trigger. Remember it isn't a race gun. If I can be combat effective with it out to 30yds with the laser, on a stock trigger, anyone can.

To the OP, I just took out the LCI insert on my MKIII and kept the original side plate. It keeps it looking factory. [wink]

For that same $20 you could get 500 rounds of .22LR. [mg]

I have the filler piece installed in my Mark III, fit is perfect and he even includes an allen wrench to do the install, all you need is locktite. Looks so much better than the plastic LCI. while your are at it replace the Mark III hammer and hammer bushing with a Mark II hammer and hammer bushing and no more magazine safety. You have now made your Mark III into a Mark II this makes take down much easier.

Back
Top Bottom