• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger MK2

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Gave Little Jack the Ruger MK2 KMK10 suppressed .22 to play with. Sure as hell, they took it apart and now he and his dad have the usual "Ruger assembly problem". No advice needed, I've done it 478 times over the last 30 years. Should I show them how, or let them suffer thru it? Should I be mean or be a good Papa?

Let them figure it out. If I’ve learned anything about Little Jack in the short time I’ve been here, it’s that he’s a smart cookie.

Show them how to do it, quickly and without explanation. Make it look easy. Then laugh as they struggle to repeat what you just did.

Give them a paperclip, a rubber mallet, a wooden dowel and a box of band aids and let em suffer for a little while :)

If you have a skill that you can teach your kids I would go for it. When your long gone they will remember the times with Dad not looking something up on Youtube. However I would let them mess with it for a while so they really appreciate it [rofl]

It’s a right of passage to be able to take it apart and put it back together. When my kids get bored I might have them do it for entertainment/educational purposes. I tell them pull the manual and figure it out. No cheating with YouTube. I cleaned my mark3 yesterday.... she was a very dirty girl.

Gave Little Jack the Ruger MK2 KMK10 suppressed .22 to play with. Sure as hell, they took it apart and now he and his dad have the usual "Ruger assembly problem". No advice needed, I've done it 478 times over the last 30 years. Should I show them how, or let them suffer thru it? Should I be mean or be a good Papa?
478 times in 30 years! JHC how often did you break it.!

478 times in 30 years! JHC how often did you break it.!
Never. The parts smooth out (wear in) and light lube on the pivot points. The reason for constant cleaning is that the Ceiner integral suppressor system is '80s technology and unlike a "can" at the end of the bbl, a lot of the gasses and crud blow back. Especially into the chamber which needs a scrubbing very often. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom