Ruger MK IV?

I have the MK IV 22/45, not the Lite, the one with the steel slide. We have shoots at my club and I can smoke some of the shooters who have red dots and I don't use one.

Here is my WIP Mark IV Tactical set up. I'm waiting on a Volquartsen competition kit, my Dead Air Mask to get out of NFA jail, and a low profile mounting plate to relocate my Holosun lower and further back to the rear sight dovetail. Then I can remove the top rail and fill the holes with plug screws that Ruger sent me for free for a clean look. It's worth noting that the Mark IV uppers are interchangeable. I picked up a Mark IV 22/45 Target upper with a plastic Ruger case from the Volquartsen clearance section for $40+15 shipping. It swaps out in five seconds when I want to shoot with regular target sights instead of the red dot sight and beats having to take the Holosun on and off and re-zero it every time. It is a serialized part and counts as a firearm so it has to go to an FFL but luckily there is a local shop that does free transfers near me.

Attachments

• Mark IV Set up.jpg
    Mark IV Set up.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 29
Looking for fiber optic sights for my Ruger Mark IV Target, I would prefer green front and red rear. Has anyone added these to their Mark IV? I've looked on line but it seems they are not interchangeable from other Mark series. Also does anyone the allen wrench size for the front sight?

Here is my WIP Mark IV Tactical set up. I'm waiting on a Volquartsen competition kit, my Dead Air Mask to get out of NFA jail, and a low profile mounting plate to relocate my Holosun lower and further back to the rear sight dovetail. Then I can remove the top rail and fill the holes with plug screws that Ruger sent me for free for a clean look. It's worth noting that the Mark IV uppers are interchangeable. I picked up a Mark IV 22/45 Target upper with a plastic Ruger case from the Volquartsen clearance section for $40+15 shipping. It swaps out in five seconds when I want to shoot with regular target sights instead of the red dot sight and beats having to take the Holosun on and off and re-zero it every time. It is a serialized part and counts as a firearm so it has to go to an FFL but luckily there is a local shop that does free transfers near me.

great idea, i need this now that i have my suppressor and my mark IV isn't threaded

edit: unfortunately at this time they only have that deal on the bull barrel i already have not the 22/45

great idea, i need this now that i have my suppressor and my mark IV isn't threaded

edit: unfortunately at this time they only have that deal on the bull barrel i already have not the 22/45

I think Volquartsen buys Mark IV 22/45 targets in bulk and uses the lower frame on their own builds. They have no use for the upper and sell them off in the clearance section. This company sells all sorts of Mark IV uppers but at these prices you may just want to get another Mark IV for your suppressor.

The Farrow Tech low profile red dot sight mount came in yesterday. I removed the picatinny rail, drifted off the rear sight and mounted the Holosun lower and further back. I think I prefer the sleeker look of this and having the red dot sight closer to the traditional sight eye level.

Attachments

• IMG_9588.jpg
    IMG_9588.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 9
I think Volquartsen buys Mark IV 22/45 targets in bulk and uses the lower frame on their own builds. They have no use for the upper and sell them off in the clearance section. This company sells all sorts of Mark IV uppers but at these prices you may just want to get another Mark IV for your suppressor.

The Farrow Tech low profile red dot sight mount came in yesterday. I removed the picatinny rail, drifted off the rear sight and mounted the Holosun lower and further back. I think I prefer the sleeker look of this and having the red dot sight closer to the traditional sight eye level.

i do have a m&p 22 compact that is threaded and runs great so I can keep an eye out in case the 22/45 barrels hit the clearance section again. Thanks

I just installed a Volquartzen accurizing kit into my 22/45 Lite and also my Mk IV bull barrel, and it's really a step up, much cleaner trigger pull now. click.

I can compare the MK III 22/45 and MK III Competition (Target?). The 22/45 has some aftermarket VQ parts that give it a weightless trigger and I still find the more stock MKIII to be easier to shoot accurately. Like others said: longer sight radius, heavier, etc. The 22/45 is plenty accurate for my needs and I find it to be more fun to shoot. I shoot at stuff though, not much for bullseyes.

Just to be clear, the 22/45 is a MK III not a MK IV Lite.
This.
I would avoid the Lite, except for maybe backpacking.

I had a MkIII hunter, and have a MkIII 22/45.

If I had the version of the 22/45 with removable grips, j would be in heaven. The Volg kits and mags make the difference to me.

Go real barrel. And get a goodie bag from Volgasane (sp, tried three times and autocow wants me to turn it into voltmeter. )

I’ve got a Mark III 22/45 (bull barrel) with a volquartsen trigger.

Meh. It works, it’s easy to shoot, it’s mechanically precise and also accurate in most hands.

BUT, it is infuriating that Ruger doesn’t sell factory parts. I’m now looking into getting a Browning Buckmark instead. Bonus, I can actually replace the f***ing barrel without getting a new gun.

They all need a trigger job in my experience. Why can't Ruger make a decent stock trigger?
Was disappointed in my Mark IV when I first bought it. Invested in a VQ trigger kit, and what a difference it made! I love the gun now. Plinking with it is such a blast.

I got the Mark IV lite for my wife because she does not like the heavy pistols. Also cuz it looks like a sci-fi gun...

Back
Top Bottom