Ruger Milestone

I remember people saying you didn't have to ever clean a ruger 22. It was because they were afraid to.

I stopped taking mine apart and just pressure-wash it with CLP when it starts running slow. I def don’t have the patience to deal with that shit.

I have never cleaned my 22/45, it probably has 3-4k through it almost all of it suppressed. I just spray remoil or clp, or what ever spray oil I have on hand into the open ejection port and it keeps on going. Shaking my can sounds like a pepper shaker. [laugh]

I don't really know why people obsess over cleaning guns.

I have never cleaned my 22/45, it probably has 3-4k through it almost all of it suppressed. I just spray remoil or clp, or what ever spray oil I have on hand into the open ejection port and it keeps on going. Shaking my can sounds like a pepper shaker. [laugh]

I don't really know why people obsess over cleaning guns.

I’m right there with you. If I happen to come across a boresnake and a gun at the same time, I’ll swab the bore out, but other than that....lube when it gets sluggish.

Yes the mark iii rugers are a bitch to re assemble. Fortunately for mine at least they don't mind running dirty. I shoot it 5 to 6 times a month.......clean it once a year. YouTube everytime.

Congrats to the OP for cracking that code though! That's an achievement for sure.

A few years ago, I disassembled mine to put in a Volq trigger (I think it was them) and the wickit-awesome quick-takedown assembly from. . . I forget where.

The trigger, while tricky, was installed. Takedown??? It was more complicated than I felt competent to tackle. It's probably more of a pride thing - I don't want to go to a smithy with a pile of parts. LOL.

It was nice not having the trigger slap back on the last round. I'm still debating selling my MK2 and MK3 and just getting that 22/45 MK4.

After about 2 years I finally disassembled and reassembled my Mark 3 without watching a single YouTube video. No cursing. No bandaids.

Do I now get a badge or something?
You deserve the Medal of Honor! If I don’t have a you tube video running, I cannot reassemble that little bastard! Either because I’m stupid or ruger made it overly complicated. Probably a little bit of both.

I've taken apart my MKIII two or three times, but each time it feels like the planets just aligned when it came back together. Now that I have a bore snake I may never take it apart again.

Back
Top Bottom