• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger Mark IV receiver frame screw

Just a heads up. Fairly new Mark IV, couple thousand rounds through it.

The receiver frame screw (#3 in their exploded diagram) worked itself out and disappeared. Part of the hinge mechanism that anchors the barrel to the front of the lower.

Discovered it while cleaning. Apparently it’s a fairly common issue and could have been fixed with a bit of loctite, if I’d caught it in time.

I’m lining up a replacement part. But if you shoot one of these you may want to check yours out.

Just a heads up. Fairly new Mark IV, couple thousand rounds through it.

The receiver frame screw (#3 in their exploded diagram) worked itself out and disappeared. Part of the hinge mechanism that anchors the barrel to the front of the lower.

Discovered it while cleaning. Apparently it’s a fairly common issue and could have been fixed with a bit of loctite, if I’d caught it in time.

I’m lining up a replacement part. But if you shoot one of these you may want to check yours out.
Mine does the same thing.

Quick update. Emailed Ruger CS from their website. A replacement screw is on the way, free. With additional instructions. I am impressed.

Back
Top Bottom