• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger Mark IV Lite coming soon....

I picked up a MKIV 22/45 Lite and put a Q EL Camino can on it, Hollywood whisper quiet and only 30oz loaded! Only complaint about the pistol is the lack of a picatinny mount under the barrel
shroud like the MKIV 22/45 Tactical has or the option to add one without having to drill and tap the shroud. Factory trigger is surprisingly good compared to the MKII & MKIII I have (already replaced the triggers in them with the Volquartsen Accurizing Kit). Will probably do the same for the MKIV.

Sexy! Thinking about a compensator just for shits and giggles. The Massified version is just a plug over the barrel pretty much. Not sure if there are even threads under there somewhere? I’ll have to look at it.
It's threaded. Also, Tandemkross is in NH. I may give them a visit...

Do you think that thing will take down a xenomorph??? Ripley wants to know. ;)

I recall being at a gun club 20 years ago trying to get my membership fixed. (They kept losing me. It was frustrating.) The guys there were big pistol shooters. "You should join our pistol team."

"Well, I'm not a big .22 shooter, but I've got a Ruger MkII."

"Oh no. Those things suck. You need to go to KTP and get this Browning Whateveritwas instead. . . . " Then they began to talk between them about KTP and .22's and the best ammo and the best sights and whatever. They dismissed that Ruger in about an eighth of a second.

Glad to see they were wrong. They didn't mean it, but they came off like a group of d-bags. Of course, what do you expect with a group of guys who sit around jabbering about guns for 3 hours on a Friday night. . . EVERY Friday night. (On top of 2-4 nights of pistol league.). LOL

Well, my gun is useless until I can either

1. Find the safety detent spring that just fired across my workspace

2. New detent spring comes in.

Should have had someone else put in the kit. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom