• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger Mark IV Lite coming soon....

Got mine Saturday and begrudgingly I had to forgo any range time with it so far. I love the grips. Definitely chunky, but I get a nice positive feeling grip. However, the already difficult mag release button is made worse by them as its recessed in the grips. I hate to admit it, but I'm already looking at a Majestic Arms extended mag release. I think I'm going to take it for a spin first.

I got my Tandem Kross order today. Swapped out the chunky lumber grips for Hivebrid G10’s. Huge difference! I also installed the charging ring. I’ll mess around with installing the new firing pin, trigger, mag release, etc. later. I’m happy, for now.
2417946E-B4DD-48D5-B55B-59E3519A6E19.jpeg

Picked one up at Broph's yesterday. The grips are gone for sure. Unfortunately the magazines from my older 22/45 bull barrel have a different base plate and do not fit the new gun although the new fit the older gun. Can't wait to shoot.

I got my Tandem Kross order today. Swapped out the chunky lumber grips for Hivebrid G10’s. Huge difference! I also installed the charging ring. I’ll mess around with installing the new firing pin, trigger, mag release, etc. later. I’m happy, for now.
View attachment 282599

Get a trigger kit for sure- I have the volquartsen one and it's a night and day difference over the stock.

Get a trigger kit for sure- I have the volquartsen one and it's a night and day difference over the stock.
Yup. I’m installing the Volquartsen accurizing kit, with the Tandemkross Victory flat trigger. Thanks

Garshdarmmmud!!! Now I'm thinking of dumping both my Mk3 and Mk2 to get one. THat's a sexy gun. And I don't need THREE. I really don't need TWO!

How is the stock trigger??? Does it get that kick-back that can happen in previous generations? I hate that kickback. Having to buy a pistol and then fix that would piss me off a bit.

Garshdarmmmud!!! Now I'm thinking of dumping both my Mk3 and Mk2 to get one. THat's a sexy gun. And I don't need THREE. I really don't need TWO!

How is the stock trigger??? Does it get that kick-back that can happen in previous generations? I hate that kickback. Having to buy a pistol and then fix that would piss me off a bit.
I don't think the trigger is awful, but it's not awesome either.

Totally got in over my head, completely disassembling my MKIV Lite today. Was looking to add an upgraded extractor, firing pin, Volquartsen accurizing kit, Victory trigger etc. etc., I’m usually pretty good with this shite. Ended up packing it all up in pieces, and bringing it to Steve at Northeast Arms. I’m confident he’ll take care of it. :)
Sorry Steve. [laugh]

Totally got in over my head, completely disassembling my MKIV Lite today. Was looking to add an upgraded extractor, firing pin, Volquartsen accurizing kit, Victory trigger etc. etc., I’m usually pretty good with this shite. Ended up packing it all up in pieces, and bringing it to Steve at Northeast Arms. I’m confident he’ll take care of it. :)
Sorry Steve. [laugh]

Did Volquartsen send the right kit? There are two different ones for the MKIV- pre and post recall I guess? I'm not quite sure the details all I know is that Volquartsen was essentially clueless when I brought it up and took a good back and forth to get them to send the right hammer.

I bought it from Tandem Kross. It says it’s compatible with the 22/45 Lite. I tried customer service a few times. No answer. I’m unfamiliar with the format. Maybe it’s the magazine disconnect elimination that threw me?
AB8B16C1-D951-43A5-84AE-71BF82CDB704.jpeg

Did you try youtube Canndo?
Yup, several videos. I’m pretty stubborn & exhausted myself on this one. Manuals, videos, written instructions etc. No specific videos on the MKIV 22/45 Lite & the Volquartsen accurizing kit/trigger. Other videos for different MKIII/MKIV variations are out there. [banghead]

Yup, several videos. I’m pretty stubborn & exhausted myself on this one. Manuals, videos, written instructions etc. No specific videos on the MKIV 22/45 Lite & the Volquartsen accurizing kit/trigger. Other videos for different MKIII/MKIV variations are out there. [banghead]

I spent 2 hours until I threw in the towel only to find out I was given the wrong hammer. Maybe Tandem Kross ran into the same issue with pre/post recall models as well. Hopefully it's a quick fix at the gunsmith!

Attachments

• IMG_4719.jpeg
    IMG_4719.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 24
I just spoke with a tech at Volquartsen and he assures me that the kit I purchased from Tandemkross is compatible with the MKIV 22/45 Lite. There was some sort of a recall a few years ago but that was taken care of along time ago.

I've taken pre-MKIV's apart for upgrades many, many times. This looks a little hairy...
AB8B16C1-D951-43A5-84AE-71BF82CDB704.jpeg

Reminds me of those old metal ring puzzles...
images

I've taken pre-MKIV's apart for upgrades many, many times. This looks a little hairy...
View attachment 284002

Reminds me of those old metal ring puzzles...
images

I’m pretty sure now that all that crap hanging off the stock hammer is for the magazine disconnect feature. The Volquartsen replacement is just a clean hammer with new bushings/washers that take up the space where those magazine disconnect futures normally would be. It basically gets rid of the magazine disconnect feature. Initially, I wasn’t sure if some of those pieces needed to be put on the new hammer but seemed like the main bushing doesn’t come out of the stock hammer anyway.

Now I'm thinking of dumping both my Mk3 and Mk2 to get one.

Before the Mark IV's came out people seemed to hold on to their Mark I,II & III's. Now it seems a lot are showing up for sale, as folks switch over to the new ease-of-take-down design.
When my dexterity, eyesight and patience wither, I may look into one too.

Next week maybe... [smile]

Northeast Arms put mine all back together with the upgrades from Tandemkross. Big thanks to Steve! Trigger feels so much shorter, lighter and crisper.

G10 Hivebrid grips
Eagles Talon extractor
Fire Starter firing pin
Volquartsen accurizing kit
Tandemkross Victory trigger pad
Tandemkross charging ring
Burris FastFire III

I’ve got some MagPro magazine bumpers and an oversized mag release button on hand to install. Also a Dawson fiber-optic front site on the way.
(Thanks northframingham)

Should keep me happy for a while.
C22E44E2-BAF1-4D5C-AB88-F86B2A0DA5AF.jpeg
0D61628E-53CA-48CA-B10D-1E68D92B446D.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great!
I have the Ruger Charging Ring (Made by TK for Ruger and has the Phoenix logo) but can't make myself install it.
It begs to have my car keys carabineer latched on to it...

Hey Canndo, what is the weight of her, as pictured?

Hey Canndo, what is the weight of her, as pictured?
So as it sits there now, 26.6750 oz. Without the red dot it’s 24.9290 oz. Stock weight with the wood grips was 27 oz. Stock weight on a model with plastic grips is 25 oz.
So...... I’m actually down a couple oz. over the stock configuration (wood grips) or exactly the same weight as a MKIV Lite with standard/plastic grips.
The new hammer is lighter. The new sear is lighter. The new grips are lighter. The new tigger pad is lighter. The weight of the aluminum charging ring is negligible.

Lots of members of my club have had them for a few months. My FFL has a good supply of all the Lites in all colors.

The grips on the 43921 are really nice. We have two of them at my Club for members to use.
Which FFL is this my daughter is looking for diff colors.

View attachment 282599
Thanks buddy, I just ordered the same grip and ring. I don't mind the stock trigger at all on mine.

Back
Top Bottom