Ruger Mark III - Thoughts?

I looked around a while and found some of the Mark II's used had really nice smooth triggers, maybe they had been broken in.
I went with the Mark II

You want a plinker then the 22/45 is fine. I shot many 22/45 - and they don't impress me much, LOL. (used/owned them over 20 yr span).

If you want an accurate pistol that you can hand down to your kids and their kids then buy the MK III. BTW - I shoot an old Ruger MkI w/ slim barrel. Plenty fun and more accurate than I am capable of with my old eyes. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331554183187
433112.jpg

Would these sights fit my Ruger Mark III 22/45.

Here are some pics of my 22/45/ I dont have adjustable sights.

20150724_235603_zpsofbqlzcc.jpg

20150724_235624_zpsos8pq5nj.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Mike

The MK III is a very serious PITA. It has a magazine interlock that makes it a nightmare to take down and put back together, because you ALWAYS have to put the mag in to drop the trigger.
  • It is truly a clusterf**k.

Designed by a committee.

Don't buy it.

And? Don't get me started on how DANGEROUS mag interlocks are?
  • Laws written by clueless people in Commiefornia. Yeppers. There you have it.

• Is it any wonder that Ruger thumbed their noses at Commiefornia with the MK IV?

No mag interlock.

No loaded chamber indicator.
I put a Volquartsen kit in my MK III that bashes the mag interlock.

Still? A MK IV is stupid simple to take down and put back? That's how the MK I should have worked!

Last edited:
The MK III is a very serious PITA. It has a magazine interlock that makes it a nightmare to take down and put back together, because you ALWAYS have to put the mag in to drop the trigger.
  • It is truly a clusterf**k.

Designed by a committee.

Don't buy it.

And? Don't get me started on how DANGEROUS mag interlocks are?
  • Laws written by clueless people in Commiefornia. Yeppers. There you have it.

• Is it any wonder that Ruger thumbed their noses at Commiefornia with the MK IV?

No mag interlock.

No loaded chamber indicator.
I put a Volquartsen kit in my MK III that bashes the mag interlock.

Still? A MK IV is stupid simple to take down and put back? That's how the MK I should have worked!

Yes it is a pain to disassemble and reassemble. Fortunately they are about as reliable as a semi auto 22lr can possibly be and will still run well when dirty so they only need to be cleaned like every other year.

While I'll agree that mag interlocks are a pain......you say dangerous? Not any more dangerous than one without it.....if you have any brain cells at all you just make sure the mag is empty before putting it in to drop the trigger......it's not rocket science. Ffs I hunt with a Henry lever sometimes......you have to load the rifle then pull the trigger to lower the hammer for safe carry......I've read plenty of posts by pant shitters that say the Henry is a totally unsafe rifle 😂. It's not unsafe you just need to not be a f***ing idiot to operate one.

Had one .. liked it a LOT ... sold it before departing MA ... now my go-to .22 pistol is a Browning Buckmark with a fiber optic front post. Just as accurate as the Mark III with the right ammo.

I have the MKIII Target . Outstanding accuracy potential with match ammo. After a few simple Volquartsen mods they are excellent shooters. I prefer the silent path.... The major known pia gripe with the MkIII is they are a royal PIA to field strip. Dissasembly isnt too bad, but correct reassembly when your new to the platform is very frustrating. The mk4 is a totally different , more user takedown friendly model.

IMG_20220703_201734188.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom