Ruger LCR 357 MA compliant or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ping

NES Member
Hi,
I have been trying to figure out if the Ruger LCR in 357 magnum is MA compliant. I noticed on the Approved Weapons Roster it indicates a Sturn Ruger KLCR 357 magnum but I know there is a second roster (AG's roster?) and it must appear on that roster as well. I cannot seem to find that roster at all. Also, I called 4 different reputable MA firearm dealers and 2 said it was compliant while 2 told me it was not. So I am sort of at a stand still as to whether it is compliant or not. Any help to clear this up would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I would just go to one of the two that would sell it to me, buy it, and stfu. It's on them if they sell something they shouldn't have.

Hi,
I have been trying to figure out if the Ruger LCR in 357 magnum is MA compliant. I noticed on the Approved Weapons Roster it indicates a Sturn Ruger KLCR 357 magnum but I know there is a second roster (AG's roster?) and it must appear on that roster as well. I cannot seem to find that roster at all. Also, I called 4 different reputable MA firearm dealers and 2 said it was compliant while 2 told me it was not. So I am sort of at a stand still as to whether it is compliant or not. Any help to clear this up would be much appreciated. Thanks.

For the 50th time- There is no second roster.

Whether or not it's CMR940 compliant or not is a guess made by the vendor, distributors, and sometimes the dealers. The AG does not have an official list of what guns are or are not CMR940 compliant.

The bottom line is stop caring about compliance- and if a dealer has it and you want it, buy it. End of problem. Handgun Compliance is not a gun owner problem.

-Mike

As soon as the 1st gun shop told me it was compliant, I would have ordered it. [smile] Like everyone else said, it's on them, not you.

I didn't here it the first 49 times.

There's is nothing you can research in terms of the AG's list, as there is none. There are guns the dealer will sell or transfer to you and those they won't. Not every dealer works by the same "list". Find a dealer that has what you want, buy it.

For the 50th time- There is no second roster.

Whether or not it's CMR940 compliant or not is a guess made by the vendor, distributors, and sometimes the dealers. The AG does not have an official list of what guns are or are not CMR940 compliant.

The bottom line is stop caring about compliance- and if a dealer has it and you want it, buy it. End of problem. Handgun Compliance is not a gun owner problem.

-Mike

True, of course, but it only applies to shopping inside MA. Mail order purschase (Bud's, etc.) is not an easy option.

True, of course, but it only applies to shopping inside MA. Mail order purschase (Bud's, etc.) is not an easy option.

From that comment it appears that you are unfamiliar with both Fed and State Laws wrt handgun transfers. I'd read up before you make any costly mistakes (the pertinent info is also covered in my law seminar, see below).

From that comment it appears that you are unfamiliar with both Fed and State Laws wrt handgun transfers. I'd read up before you make any costly mistakes (the pertinent info is also covered in my law seminar, see below).

My understanding is that a handgun can be purchased by mail only as long as the receipt in MA is funneled through an FFL. Since you can only buy guns that a MA FFL will agree to transfer, don't you need help in deciding which ones the online dealer (i.e. Bud's) sells that will pass muster in MA?

The course is a great idea, but until then, where am I mistaken?

No, it applies universally. The sole arbiter of whether or not you can buy a given handgun is the MA dealer doing the inbound transfer.

There is nothing technically different about an inbound transfer vs a dealer selling you a gun, under MGL. The only difference is that if you don't set up the transfer right (eg, by checking with your MA FFL if it is OK to transfer in by his standards) you run the risk of getting it bounced and losing some money in the process. (eg, restocking and potentially
shipping costs, etc. )

BTW Bud's is a bunch of pansies and doesn't ship most stuff to MA anyways, even rifles... so I'd just assume steer clear of them. They only send stuff to MA dealers when it suits them (eg, when they get a batch of pre-98 glocks or whatever)... frankly, screw them and the horse they rode in on.

-Mike

Last edited:
My understanding is that a handgun can be purchased by mail only as long as the receipt in MA is funneled through an FFL. Since you can only buy guns that a MA FFL will agree to transfer, don't you need help in deciding which ones the online dealer (i.e. Bud's) sells that will pass muster in MA?

The problem is trying to pretend you can fully characterize handgun compliance is an exercise in futility. Nearly every dealer in the state is different in terms of what they will or will not accept. You need to ask the dealer that would be doing the transfer. Going by some imaginary list of which handguns pass both tiers of compliance is bound to result in failure.

-Mike

I didn't here it the first 49 times.

Apologies I came off as being a bit crass, but these get posted roughly 4-12 times a week. And the answer is always the same. [grin]

-Mike

The problem is trying to pretend you can fully characterize handgun compliance is an exercise in futility. Nearly every dealer in the state is different in terms of what they will or will not accept. You need to ask the dealer that would be doing the transfer. Going by some imaginary list of which handguns pass both tiers of compliance is bound to result in failure.

-Mike

Thanks for the clarification!

No, it applies universally. The sole arbiter of whether or not you can buy a given handgun is the MA dealer doing the inbound transfer.

There is nothing technically different about an inbound transfer vs a dealer selling you a gun, under MGL. The only difference is that if you don't set up the transfer right (eg, by checking with your MA FFL if it is OK to transfer in by his standards) you run the risk of getting it bounced and losing some money in the process. (eg, restocking and potentially
shipping costs, etc. )

BTW Bud's is a bunch of pansies and doesn't ship most stuff to MA anyways, even rifles... so I'd just assume steer clear of them. They only send stuff to MA dealers when it suits them (eg, when they get a batch of pre-98 glocks or whatever)... frankly, screw them and the horse they rode in on.

-Mike

Bought from Bud's many times. Great place to do business with.

I am surprised that MA-compliant guns are sold w a firing pin.
you'd think martha would have gone strikerless by now...that would keep us all safer.

Let's remember that there are some folks here that are new to NES and to shooting in general. Trying to figure out how this state works is often an exercise in frustration. They are here because most folks will respond with good advice and a supportive attitude and we want to encourage people (even newbies) to be here. Let's HELP by giving the best advice we can, as we were once new too. If it's frustrating to answer the same question 49 times, then don't.

Hooper

Let's remember that there are some folks here that are new to NES and to shooting in general. Trying to figure out how this state works is often an exercise in frustration. They are here because most folks will respond with good advice and a supportive attitude and are looking for HELP. Let's give the best advice we can as we were once new too. If it's frustrating to answer the same question 49 times, then don't.

Hooper

No one likes a junior mod.

LCR 357 is Mass compliant. Nice trigger for a snubbie. Try Four Seasons or have Precision Point order for you, IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom