Ruger LCR .22 Magnum - MA legal?

A dealer in the Worcester area has the LCR-22MAG for sale, and I want to make really really really sure it is Massachusetts legal and compliant before I purchase it. I have a Class A unrestricted license.

If the dealer is going to sell it to you and that is what you want then buy it. The regs you reference are for the dealer to sell, not for you to own. It makes no difference to you.

Compliance doesn't matter to you. The mark 1/2/3 aren't "compliant" right now, and plenty of us have them. Rules are on what the dealers are allowed to sell (and yes it's retarded)

Thank you all for the responses!

So the dealer is on the hook when it comes to compliance, not the buyer? So if I ever get stopped by the police and they claim it's a non-compliant gun, they will go after the dealer and not me? How about if I decide to sell it down the road, will I be responsible for any compliance at that point?

Sorry for my ignorant/basic questions, but I am relatively new to this!

If someone tells you that you can't have such-and-such a gun, tell them to shove it up their a**.

So the dealer is on the hook when it comes to compliance, not the buyer? So if I ever get stopped by the police and they claim it's a non-compliant gun, they will go after the dealer and not me? How about if I decide to sell it down the road, will I be responsible for any compliance at that point?

Why would the cops know if it was compliant or not? Why would they be asking to see your gun, or why would you even show it to them? I'm confused.

If you sell it down the road, use an FA10. Nice & easy.

By the way, I am glad I could answer all your questions Martha. Or is this Deval? Maybe the ATF?

Why would the cops know if it was compliant or not? Why would they be asking to see your gun, or why would you even show it to them? I'm confused.

I was going to ask, but I figured this was a worst-of-the-worst-case scenario. If a police officer is handling *my* firearm, I'm already cuffed-and-stuffed, so something's already gone terribly wrong

yeah i know this is an old thread

the LCR-22MAG is on the NEW 02-2014 Roster

its actually on there twice now
05414 (Internal Lock) .22 Mag. - LCR-22MAG w/ internal Lock | Model Number: 5414
05414 (No Lock) .22 Mag. - LCR-22MAG w/o internal Lock | Model Number: 5414

but i still haven't figure out what the LCR-22-F is yet!

FYI- Picked one up a few weeks ago and they are a joy to shoot and very accurate. Trigger is a little tight for my liking but I'm hoping it will smooth itself in time.

05414 (Internal Lock) .22 Mag. - LCR-22MAG w/ internal Lock | Model Number: 5414

Maybe its the version of the gun with the full hammer on it? Ruger just came out with a version of the LCR that has an SA mode on it now.

-Mike

Please keep in mind that "the list" is what can be sold NEW in a dealer shop. It is not "the list" of what you can own. It is that simple. LEO has no authority in mass to "check your hand gun" to see if it is on the list or not. If you bought it at a mass gun shop you are G2G and the LEO can shove it up his arse if he "checks the list". Easy peasy.

Lost of new to Massachusetts or new gun owners in general in mass question this and I don't blame them ......that damn list is a pain to get you head wrapped around at first. I had a friend that freeked out after buying a ruger lc9........new at a shop......a few months later he heard it came off "the list" and was pissed thinking he had to go turn in his LC9........if you bought it at a shop in mass......keep calm and carry on.

Last edited:
Please keep in mind that "the list" is what can be sold [STRIKE=undefined]NEW[/STRIKE] in a dealer shop. It is not "the list" of what you can own. It is that simple. LEO has no authority in mass to "check your hand gun" to see if it is on the list or not. If you bought it at a mass gun shop you are G2G and the LEO can shove it up his arse if he "checks the list". Easy peasy.

Lost of new to Massachusetts or new gun owners in general in mass question this and I don't blame them ......that damn list is a pain to get you head wrapped around at first. I had a friend that freeked out after buying a ruger lc9........new at a shop......a few months later he heard it came off "the list" and was pissed thinking he had to go turn in his LC9........if you bought it at a shop in mass......keep calm and carry on.

Do some more studying of the law. New or used is irrelevant. MGL limits what MA Dealers can legally transfer, period.

Customers do NOT have to care what's on the list or not, just buy what you can find in MA at a price you are willing to buy.

Wow my understanding is the list was for new fire arms.......how does a mass dealer have a used glock in a case then? I've seen it.....on two single occasions.....is the dealer just ignoring the list a d putting a used clock out or sale then? Just trying to understand.

Wow my understanding is the list was for new fire arms.......how does a mass dealer have a used glock in a case then? I've seen it.....on two single occasions.....is the dealer just ignoring the list a d putting a used clock out or sale then? Just trying to understand.

I suggest reading the Sticky (in the proper forum) about the handgun restrictions.

Then don't concern yourself with what the dealer can do, only what you find and can afford.

I think the "F" designation means it has the optional Fiber Optic Insert front sight. Just like "XS" means it has the optional night sights. Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom