• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger LCP

No news as far as I know. The only issue I see is the trigger pull weight, which is 5-6 pounds. There is a visual loaded chamber indicator (the loaded round can be seen through a cutout above the ejector).

No news as far as I know. The only issue I see is the trigger pull weight, which is 5-6 pounds. There is a visual loaded chamber indicator (the loaded round can be seen through a cutout above the ejector).

The trigger pull feels like 10lbs on that thing...maybe because it is so long.

And I don't think the LCI on there would be 'good enough' for MA standards...Kind of like with the original one on the Kahr PM9.

In short...I don't ever see this becoming MA legal.

And I don't think the LCI on there would be 'good enough' for MA standards...Kind of like with the original one on the Kahr PM9.

I just measured the pull weight on my LCP and it is about 6.5 pounds. But, it is a long pull, agreed. As for the LCI, it seems no different to me than the typical mass hole used on Sigs, S&W, etc., understanding that Mass requirements and actual function are not necessarily related.

I just measured the pull weight on my LCP and it is about 6.5 pounds. But, it is a long pull, agreed. As for the LCI, it seems no different to me than the typical mass hole used on Sigs, S&W, etc., understanding that Mass requirements and actual function are not necessarily related.

I think the real issue is that NO new 'pocket guns' are going to be approved period. They are easily concealable and cater to an audience that may otherwise chose not to carry at all.

We wouldn't want MORE people running around out there with guns.

In short...I don't ever see this becoming MA legal.

The factory trigger on my LCP is definately NOT 10 pounds, Id say its around 6.5-7 lbs max.

I think the real issue is that NO new 'pocket guns' are going to be approved period. They are easily concealable and cater to an audience that may otherwise chose not to carry at all.

We wouldn't want MORE people running around out there with guns.

MA approved the LCR recently. And the Kahr PM9. (And probably others that I've overlooked.) I think you're trying to stir the pot. [pot]

MA approved the LCR recently. And the Kahr PM9. (And probably others that I've overlooked.) I think you're trying to stir the pot. [pot]

It's just my opinion. The PM9 isn't REALLY a pocket gun, nor is the LCR.

Think of all the pocket .380's out there...Sig, Taurus, Ruger, Keltec. NONE of them are approved in MA. I don't think that's a coincidence. The Sig has everything out of the box to be MA compliant and it hasnt made the list. And they are one of the few companies that usually submits all their firearms for testing in MA.

Well what's the going (inflated) rate for one of these when they become available in MA? I.e. what did you two guys pay for yours? THanks for the input

LCP's go in the $500 range
Sig's in the $800 range

Pretty much double what they would sell for anywhere else. And that is, of course, if they ever come around for sale.

Back
Top Bottom