• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger LCP

My only gripe is the "false" trigger reset. If you have a refined "catch the link" trigger sensation, then the trigger has not fully reset; you must let the trigger out fully before firing the next shot. In this respect, it is much like firing a snub revolver.

I shot one last weekend. Its good for what it is I guess. Definitely not something I'd shoot for fun. I had a hard time getting a decent grip on it but my friend who had it said they make a grip extension.

No experience myself - but have seen it and held it. It could fit in a pocket and would fit in a small a purse with little weight - I'm a "little purse" lady, so that was appealing. However here in FL it is priced higher than I want to pay - maybe it will come down in price at some point.

Here is a past link of an NES-er who bought one - you might contact him.

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35628&highlight=ruger+lcp

Feedback from LCP owners

Just looking for some feedback from those of you who own the new LCP, as I have been thinking about buying one. I like the .380 (own a Sig), and have checked out the Ruger at a couple of the local gun shops. Thought I would get some honest feed back before possibly buying one.

FWIW, Kahr now has a .380 also that's about the same size as the LCP. It may be worth checking out also.

FYI: the LCP is not yet Mass compliant. Ruger told me that since LCP sales are brisk, they have no intention of submitting it for Mass. AG testing at this time.

Massachusetts residents = screwed again.

I have had one for about a week..have about 150 rounds through it without a Jam. It has a lot of kick for its size and ejects the shells with authority.

I had trouble hitting the target at about 25 yards but thats not surprising as its not a range gun. I just put a Crimson Trace Laser on it which should help with "my" accuracy problem. Notice I put my in quotes because others have had good look with accuracy on this weapon.

I think the grip extension would make it feel better in your hands but again this is meant for CCW and I think for that purpose it does the job very well. Ruger makes great products and stands behind them. I don't think you can go wrong purchasing one.

No experience myself - but have seen it and held it. It could fit in a pocket and would fit in a small a purse with little weight - I'm a "little purse" lady, so that was appealing. However here in FL it is priced higher than I want to pay - maybe it will come down in price at some point.

I would probably look at a gunbroker vendor, if the math works out.

A buddy of mine lived in Tampa for a long time and he simply couldn't find a local FFL that had reasonable prices on
anything, so he just bought all his guns on gunbroker and transferred them in via a transfer-friendly local dealer.

-Mike

FYI: the LCP is not yet Mass compliant. Ruger told me that since LCP sales are brisk, they have no intention of submitting it for Mass. AG testing at this time.

The OP is in NH, so that likely should not be a problem for him.

-Mike

LCP recall

Ruger has recently received a small number of reports from the field indicating that LCP pistols can discharge when dropped onto a hard surface with a round in the chamber. We are firmly committed to safety and would like to retrofit all older LCP Pistols. The retrofit involves installation of an upgraded hammer mechanism at no charge to the customer.

http://www.ruger.com/LCPRecall/?utm_source=DRTV&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=LCPRecall

Some information from John Farnam about the LCP at this year's shot show:

One area of disappointment: at Ruger's booth there were six LCP 380Auto pistols on display for physical examination by show-goers. Of course, at the SHOT Show, all such guns on display are sterilized, usually by removing the firing pin. The LCPs at Ruger's booth were thus rendered inert, per SHOT Show rules, and I don't know if that was a factor. But, as I examined the same six on display today, all of which had been dry-fired many times over the past four days, the hammers on all six were broken! The LCP hammer consists ofa hub and a striker, and it is the striker that was broken off on all of them. It is a MIM (Metal-Injection-Molding) part, and that may be the problem.
http://defense-training.com/quips/18Jan09.html

I'll be waiting for the new Sig .380 to come out. Thinking the new Walther PK380 might be nice for the wife. Of course I live in MA so it will be quite some time, if ever, that we see either of these.

The new Kahr P380 looks nice. Stock sights look nicer than the Ruger or Kel-tec and you can get night sights too. I just wish it wasn't twice as much as the Ruger or Kel-tec.

Back
Top Bottom