ruger lcp vs squib update...why Ruger will be getting a bunch of business from me!

The Anchor

NES Member
as i knew the broken guns was completely my fault, and i believed Ruger owed me nothing, i contacted Ruger with intent on having the gun repaired. i explained exactly how i came to own the gun and how the gun came to be broken. They said if they could fix it they would let me know after inspection, and that they would send out a call tag to send it in. the email came within minutes with the Fedex call tag ( they picked up the tab), and off it went. Today they called ( 6 days after first contact ), asking my permission to destroy the old one ( i thought i already did that) and sending me a free replacement. I have got to say i was blown away. They did have a policy that they needed to send the replacement to an FFL, so i had to find one willing to transfer a non roster piece to me ( 2nd one i called said fine, as long as they have a letter stating its a replacement). shipping out today, so with my delay should be back at the range at some point next week with a new LCP! Thanks Ruger, i'll be buying my kids some 10/22's shortly with the money i saved replacing the LCP!

Last edited:
I have the gp100 and had no problems with it, being my first revolver i had put quite a fue rounds through it, good to know if it dose have a issue, i can expect top notch CS if needed

For any manufacturer that makes a product with high potential product liability, there is no other way to do it.

Anytime you have an opportunity to remove a defective, damaged or dangerous product from the field, you do so, at almost any cost.

Good for you, and +1 to Ruger too

i've had 2 guns go back to ruger in the past year and they were incredible experiences.
they replaced the defective parts (and all parts even in the general vicinity).
they also fired 50 rounds to confirm functional....everyone else shoots like 3 rounds and calls it good.
in both cases less than 1 week from time i shipped to time gun was back at my house.
amazing i have sorta become a ruger fanboy considering their service. i really look for any reason to buy a ruger.

oh, and the two SR9c's i own cost at least $100 less than the competitors equivalent compact 9mm models, not to mention neither has ever had a stoppage after over 2000 rounds (at least 15 different types of ammo).
i'm sure they produce some lemons (who doesn't) but i will keep buying ruger firearms unless they really start sucking.

Last edited:
I bought my GP100 used a while back. Took it to the range, got 15 rounds downrange before the cylinder stopped rotating. Cleaned it, took it back to LGS for a look-see, no good. They sent it back to Ruger, not sure who paid. 5 days later they call because it's back. All new Springs, trigger re-worked and "tuned", cleaned, no charge.

Yeah, I like Ruger too:)

I never saw your original post on the squib issue so I just searched it out...

Holy crap man, that thing blew the f*ck up!! I always thought the LCP barrel was curiously thin.
lcp barrel 001.jpg
lcp barrel 003.jpg
What, do you suppose, is the thickness of that barrel especially at the thinnest area between the tapers? Thinnnnn.

I carry one during work hours or doing outdoor sweat-inducing stuff in the summertime. Only factory ammo through it though.

That is pretty amazing right there. I guess you are being rewarded for being such an upstanding guy and admitting how it happened.

Good Ju Ju.

This really is beyond excellent customer service. I now have to take a better look at some Ruger firearms.

ETA - if they really want to do an even better job of servicing the customer, they could stand to make the mkIII a little easier to field strip. If they did that, I would buy Ruger firearms exclusively

Last edited:
Had to go through the original thread. Glad you're ok. And amazing customer service. They would've been totally justified saying "so sorry, better luck next time". They went above and beyond. Props to Ruger!

Glad your OK and still got all the digits in place.
Great company, i always hear good things about rugers CS.
I'm sure the kids will enjoy the 10/22's [grin]

we've dealt with ruger here for a few reasons and they are always a dream to work with. it's a nice change from the other manufacturers who seem to take an accusatory tone, or act as if fixing an issue is such an effort. ruger is great, and i'll continue to promote them!

I love ruger, the customer service is the reason I have bought 7 firearms from them and will be picking up an lc9 tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom