Ruger LCP II

I didn't see any threads on this yet, although there is one for sale in the classifieds...

Ruger has redesigned the LCP, and it looks like they have done a good job. The two major complaints with the old one were that the slide didn't lock back on an empty mag, and that the trigger is awful. I actually don't think the trigger is that bad, but I do hate how my slide doesn't lock back on an empty mag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLvCZCUDiSM

Price is about $100 more than you can currently buy an LCP for, but about what they were when introduced. Still looks like a nice gun for $300.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've been looking at one of these myself. It seems like they really cleaned up the design. I'm not sure why they are releasing this one so close after the LCP Pro though. I'm still leaning more towards the LC9s though, 380 ammo's price/power just isn't a great combo for me.

I've had an LC9 for a few years, and the only reason I got the LCP is that the LC9 is really not a pocket gun, at least for me. I can conceal the LC9 IWB in pretty much any sort of clothing, but I wanted something smaller that I could stick in a pocket.

That is really the only advantage to the LCP. It's weaker, less fun to shoot, and ammo costs just as much, but man is that thing tiny.

And I'm not all that upset about having two basically obsolete Rugers. I got both of them at a time when prices were very low. I think I paid $329 for my LC9 and I paid $199 for my LCP. I definitely feel like I got my money's worth on both.

I've had an LC9 for a few years, and the only reason I got the LCP is that the LC9 is really not a pocket gun, at least for me. I can conceal the LC9 IWB in pretty much any sort of clothing, but I wanted something smaller that I could stick in a pocket.

That is really the only advantage to the LCP. It's weaker, less fun to shoot, and ammo costs just as much, but man is that thing tiny.

And I'm not all that upset about having two basically obsolete Rugers. I got both of them at a time when prices were very low. I think I paid $329 for my LC9 and I paid $199 for my LCP. I definitely feel like I got my money's worth on both.
I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for deals as they switch out. I don't have any pocket pistols, I kind of need one for deep concealed carry

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've been looking at one of these myself. It seems like they really cleaned up the design. I'm not sure why they are releasing this one so close after the LCP Pro though. I'm still leaning more towards the LC9s though, 380 ammo's price/power just isn't a great combo for me.

But the LCP is just sooo small. Not sure how the dimensions compare on the new one but for a Pocket gun (for real pockets) the dimensions and shape of the LCP are hard to beat. Great backup gun to have when out of other options (like formal dress, etc..)

But the LCP is just sooo small. Not sure how the dimensions compare on the new one but for a Pocket gun (for real pockets) the dimensions and shape of the LCP are hard to beat. Great backup gun to have when out of other options (like formal dress, etc..)

Maybe I'll be able to find an LCP for $150 now that the II is out :D

Back
Top Bottom