Ruger LC9S

So again my point...Why even have a MA Approved Firearms Roster? It is useless. It doesn't tell me a thing.

So again my point...Why even have a MA Approved Firearms Roster? It is useless. It doesn't tell me a thing.

The point is to make it harder to get handguns in the state of MA. It's working pretty well for that purpose isn't it? The manufacturers are usually not in a big hurry to sell handguns in MA since it is such a small market. My guess is that, if the LC9S is indeed compliant, you will see it start to be sent here by Ruger sometime within the next year or so, maybe sooner.

Has anyone heard if the Ruger LC9S is ever going to be MA approved? Ruger won't tell me anything and the dealers say that Ruger won't tell thm anything either. Surely someone has to know. What's the big secret for goodness sake???
Stop caring, find one, buy it anyways. The sooner you let go the sooner you get what you want.

-Mike

I spoke to 2 different MA dealers and both said they will sell the LC9S to MA LTC holders. They said if it is on the roster they will sell it. One has it in stock with more on the way. The other is ordering some and will have an ETA next week.

I spoke to 2 different MA dealers and both said they will sell the LC9S to MA LTC holders. They said if it is on the roster they will sell it. One has it in stock with more on the way. The other is ordering some and will have an ETA next week.

Four Seasons just tweeted they have them in stock along with the LCR in 9mm. https://twitter.com/fsguns

Mike

looks like a decent small carry gun, maybe a good pocket gun. The "Loaded when up" gheyness is gone and striker fired although with a long reset. Anyone know if the Pro version will be sold by dealers in MA at some point?

I dry fired one of these guns, decent trigger... but long reset.. reminded me a lot of a Kahr trigger.

I have checked Ruger's website and the LC9S reads....MA Approved and Certified: No Yet it is on the MA Approved Firearms Roster. So the Roster is useless...that's my point. Where does the hangup lie?

FWIW Representative Whipps-Lee of the 2nd Franklin district co-sponsored a bill to limit the AGs power with regards to handgun sales.

I've been waiting for this gun. Love my SR9c but want/need something slimmer to carry more comfortably.
It's funny. All the good reviews of the SR9c made me want one and the price (when it was on sale at FSGuns) was certainly right, but I could never get over the ridiculous loaded chamber indicator and the unusual takedown pin assembly. The LC9s solved those issues for me, but the price in MA seems to be a little high right now, maybe because of its "newness" in MA.

Handgun prices seem to be on the rise again generally, at least for the more popular ones. Once again, it looks like I'll have to wait for a sale in order to pick one up. [thinking]

It's funny. All the good reviews of the SR9c made me want one and the price (when it was on sale at FSGuns) was certainly right, but I could never get over the ridiculous loaded chamber indicator and the unusual takedown pin assembly. The LC9s solved those issues for me, but the price in MA seems to be a little high right now, maybe because of its "newness" in MA.

Handgun prices seem to be on the rise again generally, at least for the more popular ones. Once again, it looks like I'll have to wait for a sale in order to pick one up. [thinking]
The overruns that caused prices to drop have been taken care of and it's tax refund time.

I just picked one up and I really like it. A $377 cash price (+tax) wasn't too bad.

Pricey??? They are 369.99 how much cheaper do you want?.LOL
Sorry. One person's cheap is another (less affluent) person's pricey. It's just another plastic pocket pistol after all. I was told to expect an "under $350" price at FSGuns so when they came in at $379 I was a little miffed, especially when folks had been buying NTS Shields lately at $299. Out of state prices had been reported recently right at $350 so I guess that was my benchmark.

May I ask: Where are you seeing the LC9s in MA at $369?

As for price, I totally get it. I'm not saying $377 is cheap - but very few decent (out of the box) 9mm subcompacts can be bought new in the $350 range nowadays. The only thing I can say is the Shields at $299 may be a temp price to generate some short term business and consensus is they need a $99 apex trigger job on top to make them good. Just my 2 cents.

I say buy a S&W Shield 9mm. They're MA approved, no magazine disconnect safety, no external safety (pointless on striker fire IMO), and have a wayyy better aftermarket than a Ruger LC9s.

Just picked one up today. 372 cash price. I haven't shot it yet but the trigger is MUCH better then my shield's out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom