• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger LC9S

What has to happen before LC9S makes it on the MA complant list? Or may it never make it? Is it up to the manufacturer to submit the pistol? I read that MA requires a pistol to have a minimum triiger pull of 10lbs. Does the LC9S at least meet the trigger pull requirement. I am interested in getting a LC9S but that is not going to happen unless it makes the list. I would imagine there is a bunch of other requirements that probably makes a manufacturer say that it just isn't worth it.

To meet the MGL (S. 123):

- Mfr has to submit samples for testing to one of x state approved independent test labs.
- Mfr has to submit results to GCAB for consideration.
- GCAB has to vote to recommend to the Secretary of Public Safety the gun for inclusion on the EOPS List.
- Secretary of Public Safety can approve or ignore.
- If approved, no guns can be sold until the next list is issued (published in the Boston Glob). This is only done 4x/year, so if you miss the date you can't sell for another 3 months.
- BUT you really can't sell (except to LE) unless the mfr self-certifies that it meets the AG's nebulous regs.
- AG will NOT ever approve or issue a list.
- If AG objects (study Glock fiasco), mfr gets cease and desist letter and every gun previously sold must be retrieved and shipped back to the mfr or $5K civil fine/gun. Same fine to dealers who sold them.

Avg time from time to market to MA approved and for sale in MA is 1-2 years.

- If AG objects (study Glock fiasco), mfr gets cease and desist letter and every gun previously sold must be retrieved and shipped back to the mfr or $5K civil fine/gun. Same fine to dealers who sold them.

If I am correct..... This $5k fine doesn't apply to possession correct? Is it for FFL's per gun sold? Example... I own a gen 4 glock 19... Nothing to worry about? That was my understanding at least... That I am okay owning one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What has to happen before LC9S makes it on the MA complant list? Or may it never make it? Is it up to the manufacturer to submit the pistol? I read that MA requires a pistol to have a minimum triiger pull of 10lbs. Does the LC9S at least meet the trigger pull requirement. I am interested in getting a LC9S but that is not going to happen unless it makes the list. I would imagine there is a bunch of other requirements that probably makes a manufacturer say that it just isn't worth it.

FWIW I was in a shop the other day and overheard the owner said he had a contact at ruger who told him it will be submited to MA for compliance.

Back
Top Bottom