• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger LC9s Review - Striker-Fired Sub-Compact

I also had a problem with the USA made mags vs the Italian mags. Italian only from now on.

I really love this gun, the lc9s. My favorite of all I own or have tried.

That said, somehow, I broke the striker, the firing pin. I was using a snap cap. Nothing in the manual says dry firing is bad or can damage the gun, so not really sure why the striker broke. The little nipple on the striker broke off and stayed inside the housing. Made it a serious pain in the ass to disassemble and verify the broken piece. (Why do most rugers seem so over engineered? They outsmart themselves it seems)

With that said, called Ruger, explained the problem, they sent me a fed ex shipping form and asked me to send them the gun. They'll fix it, test fire it, etc. I'll update this post when I get the gun back, but so far, Ruger customer service is as good as everyone says.

ETA: Had it back in a week. They did a nice job with it, replaced several parts and springs as far as I can tell. They did warn not to use non-spring loaded snap caps. So, no more snap caps for this gun. Just gonna have to actually use ammo now.

Still like the gun.

Last edited:
I bought one last year, the LC9s. A little over a hundred rounds though it so far, both FMJ, and a few JHP. No malfunctions. I am pretty accurate with it too. Very happy with it so far.

Back
Top Bottom