• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger LC9s owners.... Mag "wiggle"??

GlockJock

NES Member
Wife carries LC9s... Yesterday she asked me "is this noise normal?" and there's a quiet but definite "shake" (click click click) to the gun with a loaded (factory Ruger) mag, as if it's not "sitting" properly, if you shake it side-to-side.. doesn't really do it if you shake it up and down, only when shake side-to-side. It's definitely noticeable)....
I asked her when it was that she first noticed it.. "Pretty much from day one"... even though this is day approximately 400 that she's carried it, and I would've asked "Then why are you only telling me this now?" but after thirty years of marriage there are certain things you learn to not bother asking after thirty days of marital bliss, let alone thirty years....

Hmmm, OK, so I pop out the mag and pop in another loaded one (factory, original Ruger. These are not aftermarkets), slam it securely into place and... same thing... shake side to side, click-click-click...

Any other LC9s owners have this "issue"?... Normal?... Otherwise, no issues whatsoever, the gun fires and loads perfectly, have put several hundred downrange with zero issues.. She loves the gun, the size is perfect for her, fits her hand perfectly, holsters well, no clothing snag on the draw regardless of where she holsters it etc ....Ruger really "rounded it off" extremely well... I like it a LOT, though I exclusively carry Glocks.

But that click as the mag wobbles ever so slightly side to side... Anyone else experience this with your LC9s?

My LC9S Pro model has a little wiggle in the mag. I carry this daily and have become accustomed to the comforting sound of a full mag.[smile]

I just checked mine. No rattle or anything. Sounds like DispositionMatrix may be right about the mag well. If it bothers her, I guess you could trade it in for a new one or something else. I have had mine for over a year now, with no issues at all.

I asked her when it was that she first noticed it.. "Pretty much from day one"... even though this is day approximately 400 that she's carried it, and I would've asked "Then why are you only telling me this now?" but after thirty years of marriage there are certain things you learn to not bother asking after thirty days of marital bliss, let alone thirty years....
Hopefully I will learn this lesson someday...I just can't help myself, I always say it and it goes south from there

No issues with mine.

Italian made mag or US made? If I recall, there was an issue with US made mags dropping out of the gun. Ruger fixed it I think. Maybe call Ruger? They have fantastic customer service.

My mags make a slight rattle when full, but not with 6 or less rounds. No issues with reliability, I'm between 700 and 1000 rounds through it.
Not a big deal for me since I don't use this for sentry removal anymore.

My mags make a slight rattle when full, but not with 6 or less rounds. No issues with reliability, I'm between 700 and 1000 rounds through it.
Not a big deal for me since I don't use this for sentry removal anymore.

I think he is talking about the magazine itself moving around. There are a shitload of guns with cripplemags that the rounds will make noise inside the magazine particularly at capacity.

-Mike

Reminds me when my wife drove the van for 2 days with the check engine light on and the engine knocking. "Should I be driving this?"

Mine does on both the 7 and 9 round mags. It doesn't affect operation, but it's a little annoying. I read that there"s an O ring size that will perfectly fit the gap, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I hear a little click click. I mean little. Not sure it's the mag because there's a mag safety (might be something else that can move side-to-side when the magazine is in that can't move with the magazine out). Sounds an awful lot like a non-problem to me. I was way more annoyed that the pin on my striker broke off while using a Laserlyte cartridge, but Ruger fixed it--replaced the striker assembly and did some sort of repair to the barrel, I'm assuming to correct the root problem.

Back
Top Bottom