Ruger gun locks FYI

AF83

NES Member
Just a heads up to let you know that if you use Ruger locks to secure anything it's easily removed. I use one to secure my trailer, I misplaced the key so I tried to use the keys from a different Ruger lock although it did not go in it did open the lock. I then tried to use the tip of my knife to open the lock and it opened easily.

in all honesty, aren't they suppose to be just secure enough to keep a child out of the box? we're talking about those little pad locks right? not the equally as secure cable locks? you're lucky you still have a trailer.

Gun locks generally low security and serve more to protect you from the law than from criminals.

Just remember the 5 ways of entry to many locks: Picking, shimming, drilling, rapping, impressioning.

Gun locks are for transport, safes are for storage.
^ This plus really gun locks are there to prevent low level immediate function ing/accidental discharge by curious children and careless owners. Its not going to prevent someone visiting your house like a relative a girlfriend one of her friends relatives a repair person or one of your kids friends from carrying it away and working on it. While it isn't impossible to casually carry a safe out of a house if secured properly to the floor and concealed in your home no one is quickly absconding with it without some production, time, tools, a second person and a way to transport it.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Are you talking about that giant padlock that comes with Rugers?
I am assuming he is talking about the flimsy lock that seems to ship with each gun now. The red one on the left I wouldn't trust to hold much.

29dd98e70cf0c71be5073f68a7c29467.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I am assuming he is talking about the flimsy lock that seems to ship with each gun now. The red one on the left I wouldn't trust to hold much.

29dd98e70cf0c71be5073f68a7c29467.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I hope he wouldn't secure a trailer with what is essentially a luggage lock but I can't speak for OP. I am curious to try and "pick" my ruger lock like the one on the right.

Most locks are really not that secure. I remember being able to open Kryptonite locks with the back of a pick pen, or the famous Master combo lock with a tool I made from a can of red bull.

ruger (branded) padlocks are easily opened with almost any key that fits and a bit of jiggling( is that a word??))

My brain is a dumpster.
I immediately remembered this:
[video=youtube_share;lOcApVIoK38]http://youtu.be/lOcApVIoK38[/video]
Too much TV as a teen.

Back
Top Bottom