Ruger GP100(GP161)

Does anyone know if something is going on at Ruger.I have had a Ruger GP161 on order for 2 months and my retailer keeps telling me it is on back order.I e-mailed Ruger and they said the gun was in production and could be found at a list of distributors they gave me.Does anyone know if there is a quality or safety problem with this firearm?

I'm sure there could be a bunch of reasons, but one would be if your dealer owes the distributor money and they won't send him a gun until he makes a payment. In your shoes, I'd set a deadline, like a week, and if the gun doesn't show up, I'd cancel the order and go elsewhere. Unfortunately, if the business really is floundering, he may not have the money to return.

There is only one I could find for sale on Gunbroker.com. Maybe this is still tough to get?

Have you worked with this dealer before? Do you have a good relationship with them?

Not all distributors or dealers get the same service from the gun makers.
A few years ago I wanted to buy a new Sig pistol. I got a song and dance from several dealers.
Then I called Four Seasons and got my gun in two days.

Jack

I have bought a couple of guns from this dealer but they were in stock,never had to order one before.I also tried Four Seasons and Carl told me they were on backorder too.

Back
Top Bottom