• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger GP100 Cylinder Removal

Id like to soak the cylinder of my GP100 is a coffee cup of Simple Green to remove the rings that firing 38s leave. Ive field stripped it, but I cant figure out how to remove the cylinder from the crane. Ive Googled, but almost all the instructions are for the SP101. On the SP101 it just slides out. Anyone know the secret handshake for the Gp100?

Id like to soak the cylinder of my GP100 is a coffee cup of Simple Green to remove the rings that firing 38s leave. Ive field stripped it, but I cant figure out how to remove the cylinder from the crane. Ive Googled, but almost all the instructions are for the SP101. On the SP101 it just slides out. Anyone know the secret handshake for the Gp100?

Been a long time, but if my memory serves me the extractor rod must be removed. I don't think I would do it. Ruger is not real keen on sending parts if something goes wrong.

Try the diagram at e guns http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=1910zSECURITY 6

Got it apart. Lots of little bits to get back together. Will soak overnight. Dont think Ill be attempting this again.

Looks like grease was used to lubricate where the cylinder spins around the crane. Any suggestion on what to use when I reassemble it?

Next time I need to soak it, Ill just get a bigger container and soak it as a single assembly.

Back
Top Bottom