• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger Customer Service

wmass

NES Member
Just want to show a little love to Ruger CS. I've been dreading sending my SR9c to Prescott for about 3 months now. Mostly due to dropping $80 for shipping UPS and whatever $ Ruger wanted for repairs. Let's just say there's polishing the right way and then there's the way I did it. UPS FAQs state a handgun has to go next day air... I went to West side prepared to drop the $80 when the woman said it could go 2nd day air at less than half the price!!! Yes Please!!! That was Wed. Prescott received it Fri, and today I received shipping confirmation that it's on its way home. Ruger is replacing the parts as a freebie! I was afraid I would be into this for almost the price of a new pistol. I just wish Ruger would release the trigger/sear assembly and striker for purchase again. When I spoke with them the CS rep said legal decided it better for Ruger to install those parts and they were taken off the market a while back. They won't even release them to a smith. All in all I am happy. This cost me less than the price of a new striker.

So to sum up...Thanks Ruger

You actually paid to ship? Granted you screwed it up but I had to ship a Ruger P345 back for repair due to a defect they paid for shipping both ways. UPS overnight. I had it back within one week.

Ruger's CS is top notch for sure.

They are the nicest people on the phone as well. A friend with two left hands and all thumbs screwed up his Mk3 on disassembly and they walked me thru it on the phone. Another guy I helped out was using shotshells in his [slap] and the gun just locked up by getting shot into places it doesn't belong. Once again over the phone they walked me thru it.

Never used Ruger CS ( so far) but have a lot of their products. Actually took apart my Mk3 a bit too far the other day- thank God for Youtube :)

I had some Peening on my SR9C and called Ruger, she said we will send you a free shipping label, they had it a week and even sent me a free silicone polish towel. and fixed it for NADA..gun works great.

I'm a ruger fan too. Bought a gp100 a while back at a LGS, took it to the range, shot six rounds, reloaded, cylinder wouldn't turn. LGS sent it back to ruger, ruger rebuilt the gun, replaced springs, etc (trigger pull would make Martha cry!), sent it back. Round trip 9 days, cost me nothing:)

This is good news, and thanks for posting your experience since all too often we only get to read about horrible experiences. When things go right, it's kind of uneventful and nobody talks about it. Hopefully I will never need to use their CS for my guns, but if I do, it's good to know that they handle things smoothly!

I have not had to send a gun to them, but when I have bought parts, they have been extremely fast in getting them out.

I am not crazy about how they refuse to sell certain parts to individuals (to have Galloway improve them for us), but I guess I understand why they do it.

Great customer service, I had a feeding issue with my sr556 as well as a dent in the charging handle (don't ask me how I did it). They shipped it, fixed it, and shipped it back free of charge.

Ruger is excellent with their customer service. I will be a life long customer if I continue to get the same treatment I have had in the past.

I'd like to mention that I just ordered a few Mk III mags from the Ruger online store. Checked my invoice when they arrived and noticed that they gave me a $10 gift certificate code. Definitely a good way to rope customers into returning to the online store, but much appreciated nonetheless!

Back
Top Bottom