• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ruger cowboy pistols

for any of you MA residents and regular customers of four seasons...i was wondering if you may have bought one of the ruger .32 cowboy actions they have on sale...for $300 and at a 48% discount i was thinking of getting 1 for the hell of it...figured maybe it would be a cheap way to get into cowboy action shooting...any one have one and like it? does anyone know if carl has any left??? thanx!

I called on Friday because I thought they looked pretty cool. I was looking at the color cased version with Rosewood grips.
They were all sold out [sad2] . All they had in stock were the ones with ivory grips. I was planning on swinging by yesterday to take a look but never made it.

Bugie

matt...you could buy it for 300 and sell it on gunbroker for 450 NIB!!!...they go for around 600 new...this way you could make a profit and put the money to 1 of those things on your list

I just bought a pair of the Stainless with Ivory grips this weekend. But I haven't had a chance to get them to the range. But one of the guys that I shoot CAS with, he has a pair and they are a blast.

The guy that I work the shows with, still has a pair of them stainless with the ivory and a pair that are theblued and color cased.

He's selling them as a set for 700 bucks. Not exactly Carl's price, but he bought them before they were discontuned. So, he's got about $400 into each one. So, while he was saying that he can't let them go for $300 He said that he would sell sets for the above price. I guess he feels that with these getting dumped on the market, he has no choice but to charge this price.

All this means now is that I have to pick up a lever action in .32 H&R. But I'm always looking for a reason to buy another gun. [smile]

c-pher...thanx for the offer...i'd definately come and watch but as of right now i dont have any of the appropriate equipment for that type of shoot...although my cousin does have 2 vaqueros i'm sure i could borrow...and ill use any excuse to buy a new gun and try a new type of shooting

i think i'm definately gonna try and get 1 of those stainless rugers...the money could be better spent elsewhere but as any self respecting gun nut would agree...the price is too good to pass up!

Cowboy action

Cowboy action shooting is the biggest thing since the blackpowder meets of the 70's. My club has four or five shoots a year. Plenty of western dress, single action pistols, lever action rifles, and double-barrel, double hammer and trigger shotguns. Any large gun shop that doesn't sell a number of different single action pistols and holsters and gear is missing the bus, and Carl at Four Seasons knows it.

Buffalo Bill said:
Cowboy action shooting is the biggest thing since the blackpowder meets of the 70's. My club has four or five shoots a year. Plenty of western dress, single action pistols, lever action rifles, and double-barrel, double hammer and trigger shotguns. Any large gun shop that doesn't sell a number of different single action pistols and holsters and gear is missing the bus, and Carl at Four Seasons knows it.

Problem is here in MA, all you can get is Rugers. Until this new law gets past. So it's hard to have a lot of different SA pistols when everyone can only carry the same ones.

blood hound said:
for any of you MA residents and regular customers of four seasons...i was wondering if you may have bought one of the ruger .32 cowboy actions they have on sale...for $300 and at a 48% discount i was thinking of getting 1 for the hell of it...figured maybe it would be a cheap way to get into cowboy action shooting...any one have one and like it? does anyone know if carl has any left??? thanx!

The one I got is the Birds Head Stainless. I hustled down there before the FS
email went out as I was surfing the FS web page and saw it advertised. The
reason I did that was because Carl had some of the Vaquero Birds Head
revolvers a few months ago and they went pretty fast. It's a beauty!
I haven't shot it yet. It fits my hand like a glove. The review is pretty
positive as well (aren't they all from the ST?). I guess Carl still has some of
the other styles but the Birds Head sold out pretty fast.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun_reviews/st_0212_ruger/

TBP

What the "hey" is wrong with Ruger? They have some beautiful Single Action Cowboy revolvers.I'm kind of surprised that Beretta's Stampede hasn't been approved yet. The stainless ones are beauties.

Last edited:
Buffalo Bill said:
What the "hey" is wrong with Ruger? They have some beautiful Single Action Cowboy revolvers.I'm kind of surprised that Beretta's Stampede hasn't been approved yet. The stainless ones are beauties.

Oh, there's NOTHING wrong with Rugers Single Actions. I have four of them. I would just like to have the options of having something other than Ruger. It would be nice to have a Colt SAA 7-1/2 inch or even a clone...perfect balance, good feel, smooth action...true half cock hammer...The peace maker, one of the best single action pistols ever made.

And if we can get this bill passed, then we can get the Berettas and the clones, and the like...

But yea, those Berettas do look purty.

C-pher said:
... It would be nice to have a Colt SAA 7-1/2 inch or even a clone...perfect balance, good feel, smooth action...true half cock hammer...The peace maker, one of the best single action pistols ever made. ...

You mean something like this?
SAA.jpg

She's in Massachusetts, but ain't hardly for sale.​

Ken

Back
Top Bottom