• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger Charger w/ binary trigger... : )

15962489941155723531204213968084.jpg
If you have a Fostech Echo 2 for the AR buy this spring it will change you're life I recommend the 3 gun version.

Is there anything explicitly stating these are illegal in MA?
Nope for the trigger. Only trigger cranks and bump stocks are banned. But the Charger pistol wouldn’t pass the AWB feature list. It’s too heavy.. just barely. But you could potentially build your own light weight 10/22 pistol with aftermarket parts.

You would be surprised how good of a defensive tool a binary trigger could be. Throw it on a AR carbine or AR pistol and you have a better defensive tool.
While I agree that it would be great for defensive use, a prosecutor would have a field day. It doesn’t matter that it would be legal. It only matters how they can frame it to the jury.
Still... rapid controlled pairs be like :cool: and would make a shorty 9mm AR SBR exceptionally viable for home defense.

Last edited:
Nope for the trigger. Only trigger cranks and bump stocks are banned. But the Charger pistol wouldn’t pass the AWB feature list. It’s too heavy.. just barely. But you could potentially build your own light weight 10/22 pistol with aftermarket parts.

While I agree that it would be great for defensive use, a prosecutor would have a field day. It doesn’t matter that it would be legal. It only matters how they can frame it to the jury.
Still... rapid controlled pairs be like :cool: and would make a shorty 9mm AR SBR exceptionally viable for home defense.
I would only feel comfortable firing one in NH, but that's good news because that's in line with exactly what I found in my research. I would love to pop one of these in an AR tbh and make a "free state MA compliant" rifle lol

Besides being a hoot to shoot (don't pollute!), what's the point of that??? Again - NOT TO SAY that I wouldn't want one. But binaries are still odd to me.

I was watching the shootout-scene of Heat last night. I really don't like that movie - I think it's the dialog. And I don't care about Amy Brenamananam. But the shootout is cool if only because it really hammers home how loud it is. It's deafening. (And they don't change mags nearly as much as they should. Especially Chris early on. He dumps 50-80rds between mags in the first few minutes.)

But Pacino has that FN-FNC. Outside of the black dude's shotgun, it's the ONLY semi-auto on the field. I had never realized that in the times before watching the scene. He seemed to perform adequately with it. The crew was spraying and praying. He had controlled shots.

While I'm on it - how does Breneman's character actually GO with Neil??? I mean, they've wounded 50 cops, killed 8-10 others. "Nah. Sure you're a thief and a murderer, but let's go." WTF????

I had a chance to fire a 22lr AR conversion kit(cmmg) last week with a franklin armory binary.
It's nothing but giggles galore.
Shot my fostech echo sport after.
Made me understand that a vertical foregrip would be more ideal than an angled one.

But, it was my first time shooting it. Soo... learning curve

Besides being a hoot to shoot (don't pollute!), what's the point of that??? Again - NOT TO SAY that I wouldn't want one. But binaries are still odd to me.

I was watching the shootout-scene of Heat last night. I really don't like that movie - I think it's the dialog. And I don't care about Amy Brenamananam. But the shootout is cool if only because it really hammers home how loud it is. It's deafening. (And they don't change mags nearly as much as they should. Especially Chris early on. He dumps 50-80rds between mags in the first few minutes.)

But Pacino has that FN-FNC. Outside of the black dude's shotgun, it's the ONLY semi-auto on the field. I had never realized that in the times before watching the scene. He seemed to perform adequately with it. The crew was spraying and praying. He had controlled shots.

While I'm on it - how does Breneman's character actually GO with Neil??? I mean, they've wounded 50 cops, killed 8-10 others. "Nah. Sure you're a thief and a murderer, but let's go." WTF????

Once you've cleared a 10 plate rack in ~6 sec. with only 5 trigger pulls you'll understand. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom