• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger AR556 mass compliant

Hey All,

I have a question regarding the literature for the Massachusetts AWB, as I am new to the LTC scene.

From what I interpret, a rifle is considered an “assault weapon” if it has the following...

1) detachable magazine

2) at least two of the following:
A. Adjustable stock
B. Pistol grip
C. Silencer or threaded barrel to accept a silencer
D. Bayonet
E. Grenade launcher

So my question is.. will a Ruger AR556 model 8502 be considered an assault weapon in mass?

From what I gathered on the specs

It does have a detachable magazine (10rounds to be mass compliant)

The stock is fixed

It does have a pistol grip

It does not have silencer, threaded barrel, bayonet, or a grenade launcher.

Here’s a link to view the specs:
Ruger® AR-556® Standard Autoloading Rifle Model 8502

Thanks in advance for the help

It is not an assault weapon.

But it will be considered one.

Welcome to Mass.

I consider this an Assault Weapon:

iu

An Assault on my wallet...

If you go to the link you provided, that stock certainly looks adjustable (therefore, it would need to be pinned) although the text says that it is fixed.

Some manufacturers do make stocks in a4 style fixed from the getgo.

But now, it is considered a copycat of an AW by Maura healeys enforcement... So it's a no go on that front.

Im fairly certain healey claims mini14s are exempt do to her devine power but not based on any actual law..mini14s are commonly available in MA.
My gut says if you can find a dealer to transfer it, its legal enough that you won't be convicted. While we all try to avoid the system and its process if you find yourself debating the legality of something legally purchased you most likely have bigger problems.Then factor in gun charges are almost always dropped.

Everything is illegal in MA untill the state extorts money out of you, then it's legal until the state decides they want more money.rinse and repeat

Im fairly certain healey claims mini14s are exempt do to her devine power but not based on any actual law..mini14s are commonly available in MA.
My gut says if you can find a dealer to transfer it, its legal enough that you won't be convicted. While we all try to avoid the system and its process if you find yourself debating the legality of something legally purchased you most likely have bigger problems.Then factor in gun charges are almost always dropped.

Everything is illegal in MA untill the state extorts money out of you, then it's legal until the state decides they want more money.rinse and repeat

Mini14s are fine and for sale in every LGS

Call the AG's Office and ask them for clarification. We are not YOUR lawyer, we will not be standing beside you in a court of law, our opinion doesn't matter.

Call the AG's Office and ask them for clarification. We are not YOUR lawyer, we will not be standing beside you in a court of law, our opinion doesn't matter.

They’ll google a picture of it in about 3 months and write back saying it’s too black to be legal.

Hey All,

I have a question regarding the literature for the Massachusetts AWB, as I am new to the LTC scene.

From what I interpret, a rifle is considered an “assault weapon” if it has the following...

1) detachable magazine

A. Adjustable stock
B. Pistol grip
D. Bayonet
E. Grenade launcher

So my question is.. will a Ruger AR556 model 8502 be considered an assault weapon in mass?

The stock is fixed

Are you nuts!?! You can’t own that! Just kidding buddy but the Ruger is a AW “look alike” and won’t be permitted

If you go to the link you provided, that stock certainly looks adjustable (therefore, it would need to be pinned) although the text says that it is fixed.

The text says that the stock is fixed because the stock is fixed.

There is a roll pin between the stock assembly and the rail on the bottom of the extension tube.
The apparent spring-loaded adjustment pin is actually a hex cap screw which bolts the adjustment lever into the extension tube.
The rail on the bottom of the extension tube has no alternate adjustment holes.

The stock is fixed.

Hey All,

1) detachable magazine

A. Adjustable stock
B. Pistol grip
D. Bayonet
E. Grenade launcher

The stock is fixed

Vote Jay McMahon and we'll follow the law you just read (or be rid of it entirely).

Don't vote, or vote Healey, and despite the AR556 meeting MA standards as the law reads, you can't have one because she makes shit up as she goes along...

Back
Top Bottom