RUGER ANNOUNCES NEW MINI-14 TACTICAL MODELS

I have a mini 30 tactical w/ that folder and its fine working wise but kinda cheesy, made by ATI - who pretty much makes crappy tacticool junk.. some day I will swap it out, bought the gun 2nd hand due to easy availability and price.

If I ever put a folder on a mini it would be a simple metal frame sort. Those are good and reliable...

What ruger should do is offer the mini 30 in a stainless non threaded 16 inch barrel model like the "LE" mini 14.

I don't get why Ruger doesn't make a mini14 stock like the new PC Carbine stock from MagPul that allows for AR pistol grips and stocks so that users can customize whatever they want. Essentially creating a modular lower receiver for the Mini to bed into and interface with standard AR pistol grips, stocks, etc. Could do the same to allow for the use of AK pistol grips or AK fixed/folding stocks.

Gosh they are as ugly as they were in the 80's. I'm sure they work fine and all - but they make Hi Point look good. LOL

If they were good enough for this crack-commando team, its good enough for me
Murdock-met-Hannibal.jpg

The Mini-14 lost its raison d'etre once ARs became $350 guns (actually, probably before that).
I'm kind of surprised they're even still making them.
You are obviously from NH.......cuz Mini 14's are selling like hotcakes at fat camp here in the Commonwealth, since AK"s and AR's have been banned by Maura Healey.

You are obviously from NH.......cuz Mini 14's are selling like hotcakes at fat camp here in the Commonwealth, since AK"s and AR's have been banned by Maura Healey.
Are they, though? I've only ever seen one or two at the ranges in MA over the last few years. Even since 7/20 I've seen one, maybe two...meanwhile I see ARs and AKs practically every time. I've seen more CZ Scorpions at MA ranges than Mini-14s. Hell I've seen more Tavors in Massachusetts than Mini-14s.

And the fact that some people who are too scared/uninformed/impoverished to acquire better options than Mini-14s in MA (or the handful of other ban states) doesn't mean that it makes sense for Ruger as an entity to produce them. Hell, some good sized companies have entirely written off MA in the past as the market isn't huge.

I think, like Mac said, it goes back to tooling. They can produce them pretty cheaply at this point, so they'll still sell some.

Back
Top Bottom