• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ruger 22/45 no longer Mass compliant!! What next??

Turns out here in MA, all the MK3s and 22/45 models were removed from gun dealers stores, as the pistols are no longer MA compliant. I emailed Ruger customer service and a rep called and told me the pistols are being redesigned, and therefore are no longer MA compliant.

[sigh] Any change whatsoever, including changing the SKU for the item, means it must be recertified. If Ruger is redesigning the gun, they will have to resubmit the guns for testing.

<sarcasm>You'd almost think the AG didn't want companies to sell guns here.</sarcasm>

[sigh] Any change whatsoever, including changing the SKU for the item, means it must be recertified. If Ruger is redesigning the gun, they will have to resubmit the guns for testing.

<sarcasm>You'd almost think the AG didn't want companies to sell guns here.</sarcasm>

How does redesigning a gun require the ones ALREADY on the shelf have to be pulled?

How does redesigning a gun require the ones ALREADY on the shelf have to be pulled?

I read something about them being pulled because they look different from "normal" handguns so kids are more likely to be drawn to them thinking they are a toy, and because the grips are so narrow that it is easy for a kid to hold one. Perfect Ma FR justification...

I read something about them being pulled because they look different from "normal" handguns so kids are more likely to be drawn to them thinking they are a toy, and because the grips are so narrow that it is easy for a kid to hold one. Perfect Ma FR justification...

I don't think this is true.....

I believe the new models "can" be availiable with threaded barrels, which makes moonbat shit head, totalitarian ****wad leftivist elitists scared.

With reasoning like that, they should require 20 lb trigger pulls so kids can't squeeze one off. Oh right, they already do. (Thanks MA for making a halfway decent MP9 suck.)

Turns out here in MA, all the MK3s and 22/45 models were removed from gun dealers stores, as the pistols are no longer MA compliant. I emailed Ruger customer service and a rep called and told me the pistols are being redesigned, and therefore are no longer MA compliant.

Nothing new here. Issue has been on the table for >1 year and is pure BS, created by Ruger's own stupidity (see below).

This.

The pre-existing models passed the testing, therefore were & ARE approved.

Any new models would subsequently need to be re-tested under MA Law/guidelines.[puke][puke2]

As stated above. Existing stock is and was compliant. Any new models would have to be retested (for both MA and CA) and likely will have a new SKU and should have a new model designation as well (marketing).

Sill on the EOPS list but the Ruger site has them listed as not MA compliant.

All a MA Dealer needs to concern him/herself with is that it be on the EOPS List and have met AG Regs WHEN IT WAS BUILT!

Ruger requested GCAB to REMOVE all their guns from the EOPS List. Ron Glidden explained that "we don't do that" and why (previously sold guns would no longer be transferable even though they met the requirements). Ruger was dumb as a stone for asking and even dumber for pulling everything. WHEN they make the changes, those are new models and need to be proven to be compliant, but anything in the pipeline is still compliant.

That's pure BS and as I stated above RUGER asked for them to be removed and MA said NO! This is one case where the mfr is the dummy causing trouble and the state did the right thing (take note, it only happens about every 100 years)!

Back
Top Bottom