Ruger 11/22

Not sure why Ruger hasn’t thought of this. Smart design.

They did improve the receiver this year on this Ruger® 10/22® Competition Autoloading Rifle Model 31120

They added a lug at the rear of the receiver, secured to stock with a second bolt behind the trigger guard (just like Kidd did years ago).

My buddy grabbed one and it shoots better then my old hammer forged target model. Under 800 too

The Ruger 10-22 is perfect right out of the box.
You just need to replace the stock.
And the barrel.
And the trigger.
And the magazine..
Otherwise the 10-22 is ok

You don't "need" to do any of that , they are pretty damn accurate out of the box. If you're looking to better the rifle though , there are a million options.

The Ruger 10-22 is perfect right out of the box.
You just need to replace the stock.
And the barrel.
And the trigger.
And the magazine..
Otherwise the 10-22 is ok
You realize that is what this video did, right?
They put all KIDD parts. Only difference is the receiver is different, but it doesn't hold open, so might as well keep the 10/22 receiver and all the KIDD parts.

You don't "need" to do any of that , they are pretty damn accurate out of the box. If you're looking to better the rifle though , there are a million options.
They're the most over rated mediocre rifles ever built. Some backyard pinker hits two tin cans with one and he thinks it's a tack driver.
They have a humongous aftermarket parts catalog because they need one.
Anschutz an CZ and other decently accurate rifles don't have or need much of an upgrade gimmick selection because they're actually decent rifles.

They're the most over rated mediocre rifles ever built. Some backyard pinker hits two tin cans with one and he thinks it's a tack driver.
Anschutz an CZ and other decently accurate rifles don't have or need much of an upgrade gimmick selection because they're actually decent rifles.

CZ has a huge aftermarket catalog for
.22 rifles as well , and there are many of rimfire shooters buying aftermarket parts for CZ rifles. The Anschutz is a major step up from both the Ruger and the CZ.

You're comparing apples and oranges.

I got a 10/22 from a friend of mine once , It was built in 82 and had never been cleaned in it's life. I know this because the takedown screw in the stock next to the trigger was rusted in pace and could not be removed. I got the gun for cheap money becuase it wouldn't fire more than one round without jeamming FTF. FTE . I managed to get it apart to clean it and was baffled when a black washer fell out somewhere near the barrel clamp. Closer inspection of the (washer) reveiled it was a circular disk of powder that had been smashed into a hard disk . God only knows how many rounds had ben run through this gun. After a good cleam and reassemble the gun now runs flawless. So in conclusion after about 500000 rds it's a good idea to cleaan them .

Who cleans a 10/22?
Well, I guess I do. I'm going to do the Appleseed next month and figured I should go with a clean rifle. It's been years since I dropped the action on this gun. Tooth brush and some solvent and it's as good as new. It really wasn't that bad either. It's a nice design actually, breaks down into just a few simple parts that clean up nicely and it's as smooth as butter after a cleaning and fresh lube. This event will be a good reason to get some practice in with an old favorite.

Well, I guess I do. I'm going to do the Appleseed next month and figured I should go with a clean rifle. It's been years since I dropped the action on this gun. Tooth brush and some solvent and it's as good as new. It really wasn't that bad either. It's a nice design actually, breaks down into just a few simple parts that clean up nicely and it's as smooth as butter after a cleaning and fresh lube. This event will be a good reason to get some practice in with an old favorite.
My cz shoots like shit when clean. Last session it took 20-25 rounds for groups to tighten up properly, as I cleaned it night before.

My cz shoots like shit when clean. Last session it took 20-25 rounds for groups to tighten up properly, as I cleaned it night before.
I have to zero the rifle at 25M for the shoot so I'll foul the barrel before I bring it to the event. I also have to lose the bipod, imagine, they actually want me to support my own rifle while shooting it. Should be a good time. Hope to learn a few things.

Im going to say no.
My 10/22 factory barrel , titan stock , Tenex and CCI SV ammo was 1.5” on a good day at 50 yards. Added a KIDD heavy barrel and 1/2” groups at 50 yards are the norm.

Back
Top Bottom