• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger 1022 International Mannlicher Stock Removal

I have been reading this forum for about 6 months and have been absolutely astounded by the wealth of knowledge contained within it. But, it finally happened, I have a question that I could not find the answer to.

I am attempting to remove the factory stock form a ruger 1022 international (this has a full length Mannlicher stock). what seemed like it should be an easy project has me stumped. I removed the take down screw. There does not seem to be a barrel band to remove. The receiver and barrel are locked in tight. I cannot get them to release from the stock.

Does anyone have any experience breaking down the 1022 with this type of stock. All of the manuals and diy pages that I found deal exclusive with the standard stock. I attached a couple pics to assist. There is a small hole under the tip of the barrel, but it doesnt seem to contain either a screw nor a pin.

Any assistance is appreciated.

1022.jpg

10222.jpg

After a little more analysis of the Ruger manual, I did locate instructions for the removal of the Mannlicher stock. There was actually a screw under Muzzle cap (apparently I had removed it prior to my original post). To remove, simply remove said screw and tap the muzzle cap with a rubber mallet and the cap will slide off freeing the barrel and receiver.

Instruction in the manual can be found here http://lenaweemilitia.com/ruger_1022.pdf on page 21.

Back
Top Bottom