• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger 10/22

Will be going to Dicks in North Attleboro to get a Ruger 10/22 for the Appleseed. They have a few in stock for $199. Hunt down a coupon (which I got in the mail) and that brings it down to $189. And I'll get 200 free bonus points. Good deal, from what I can tell.

I just went there 2 weeks ago and grabbed one. I had the $10 coupon but the guy said that doesnt apply to firearms. So I ended up paying the 199.00, but I dont regret it at all this really is a fun little rifle.

I was just at the Dick's in Newington the other day and noticed that the 10/22's now are being shipped with the magazine extension release that had always been an aftermarket add-on.

Nice little bonus.

I was just at the Dick's in Newington the other day and noticed that the 10/22's now are being shipped with the magazine extension release that had always been an aftermarket add-on.

Nice little bonus.

Unfortunately the price paid is the new plastic trigger group and barrel band that goes with it.

I forget, what do those points do again?

You're supposed to get $ off coupons after a certain number of points. But they expire every year, and I've never gotten them to actually send me any coupons before the year runs out. They just say, "Oh, there was a problem, we'll send it right out," until the points expire and then they say, "we have no record of that, those points are expired."

do it up. i spent like 30 bucks more at State line myself but don't regret the buy.. right now .22's are all i shoot.... stupid unemployment..

Yeah, the way the points system works now is that the coupon expires in 30-days from issuance. If you're having a problem, call the 11800-number. I had to and they sent me out a $30.00 coupon...As for using it for firearms, give it a whirl - ask for a manager. If the mark-up on the gun is really low, they may not go for it, but it does not hurt to try...

It's home with me now. I'm a proud papa. North Attleboro had a decent amount of ammo there. I picked up some more .22

Yes, this is all I can afford to shoot right now due to prices, and I don't want to shoot too much of my other stuff, because availability could disappear any week, any month with all that is going on.

It's home with me now. I'm a proud papa. North Attleboro had a decent amount of ammo there. I picked up some more .22

Yes, this is all I can afford to shoot right now due to prices, and I don't want to shoot too much of my other stuff, because availability could disappear any week, any month with all that is going on.

Congrats man! I'm busting mine out as well. It's a bone stock 10/22 I got back in 1982. I only have one mag left, (stolen) and need to find more....I can;t wait to dust it off and get it going again...

I know right between the ammo prices and availability of ammo thats all I've been shooting. But ill tell you this my 10/22 love the cheap bulk federal ammo from walmart. 13 bux a box for 550 rounds cant beet it for just messing around at the range.

Congratulations on the 10/22. When you really think about it, not a bad price for a nice rifle.

Are all the 10/22s able to have these Tech-Sights mounted? I went to Dick's today and looked at one and I can't see how you would mount say the TRS200 on it. Or was it the wrong model I was looking at? ...I couldn't see any scope mounting holes Tech-Sights say to mount the sights on. I did see this plastic cover screwed onto the rifle with the littlest of screws in the top, are these them? They are so small though..

Are all the 10/22s able to have these Tech-Sights mounted? I went to Dick's today and looked at one and I can't see how you would mount say the TRS200 on it. Or was it the wrong model I was looking at? ...I couldn't see any scope mounting holes Tech-Sights say to mount the sights on. I did see this plastic cover screwed onto the rifle with the littlest of screws in the top, are these them? They are so small though..

There are 4 (I think) tapped holes in the top of the receiver. They come with a flush mount screw. To mount a scope you remove all 4 and place the rail (which is provided by Ruger when you buy it) with different screws. With the tech-sights you remove just the back two and mount them with screws provided with the sights.

ruger%20ad%20_07_2.gif

Most people seem to recommend the TSR-100's, at least for appleseeds.

I bought a 10/22 at Dick's for that price about 2 years ago. I run it at least 3,000 rounds between cleanings, and it never fails. Accurate, cheap, and durable. Can't ask for much more.

Back
Top Bottom