• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger 10/22 Scope

Bad13Luck

NES Member
Picking up a 10/22 in a few days. Just wondering what you guys are running for scopes on your rifles????

Thanks

Badluck

From my reading, I see some owner dress up with Nightforce scope. [wink]

[laugh] Considering you can buy 3 10/22s and put APVs on all three for what a Nightforce costs....I'd call the Mueller a more pragmatic solution.

ETA: make that 4, maybe even 5 depending on the model.

I put a BSA Sweet-22 on mine
HideUnderChair.gif
. I got lucky and got a good one. The big knobs with the ballistic range markings on them are far from exact but one should match your ammo close.

The APV is a nice rimfire scope - mine's on a Savage MkII. My 10/22 has a Swift 2-7x that's not bad (older one - I don't think they use 1/3" clicks anymore), and a T-Bolt with an El Paso built Weaver 4x. I really like the 2-7x range for a field rifle, and the APVs 4.5-14x for bench & bipod. There are better scopes out there than the APV - but I haven't found one at it's price point. [grin]

Very nice setup - a couple questions...

Is that on a .920 barrel?

I can't quite tell from the picture - is there a scope cover on that?

Thanks!

Thank you! Yes, it's a Whistle Pig 18" fluted and comped .920 riding in a Boyd's Blaster stock. No scope cover, just the APV as it comes from Mueller. I had a couple of sun shades but they didn't fit. [sad]

Back
Top Bottom