-

I have good experience with Federal 550 bulkpack on 10/22.

For scope, I will run a better scope. Why invest on a good .22 rifle, but choosing some crappy scope.

So i finally bit the bullet and got my first 10/22, a deluxe sporter. Now I need to decide on a nice cheap(ish) scope to put on it. The three I have been looking at are the Bushnell Sportsman 3-9x32, BARSKA 3-9x32 Plinker-22, and the Simmons Truplex 3-9x32 .22 Mag Riflescope.

I dont want to post the links, but all three can be easily found on Amazon, and cost ~$40 with free ship. Anybody have any opinions/criticisms on any of these three scopes?
Anyone recomend a different scope I didnt mention for around the same price?

Also, I dont want to go post another thread so Ill just ask this here. I went down to my local wally world to check the prices on ammo and found these three for 22lr: 550rds Remington Golden Bullet for $20(someone once told me a while ago that these have a high FTF rate, but dont know it thats true), 555rds Winchester 36gr for $19, and the Federal 550rd value pack for the same price as the Winchester.

Ill most likely end up trying all three eventually, but just wanted to here some opinions on what to avoid and/or look for.
Any one of those would work. I have used the Bushnell and the Simmons on some of my .22cal rifles. I put a cheap Ncstar red dot om my wife"s 10/22 compact and it is sweet for plinking in the pits.

As far as optics go for a sporter 10/22, IMHO, any of those will be fine. I have a crappy tasko on mine and manage to have plenty of fun with it. I would tend to be more partial to the Bushnell, but I have had a few Simmons over the years and I'm sure they will do the job for you.

I have no experiance with the BARSKA's so I couldn't help you there.

I typically buy the Federal bulk packs a wallys. Never had any major issues running it through my 10/22.

I think you would do the 10/22 sporter justice by going up on your price range to maybe 1/3 or 1/2 the cost of the rifle. My 10/22T has eaten over 10,000 rounds of the Wal-Mart Federal 550 rd bulk packs without a problem. I run them on my AR15 22lr upper with the same results.

out of those, i'd go with the bushnell...

also, check out the Mueller APV. that's what i have on mine...

Can't say much about scopes (I like my Tech-Sights), but I'd say steer clear of the Remington Golden Bullet. I haven't had a grossly disproportionate number of failures, but enough to stop using it after fewer than 100 rounds. You're welcome to what I have left if you're ever in the Framingham/Westborough/Harvard area(s).

I've had good luck with the Federal bulk packs, but it's really not a fussy gun. At least mine isn't. I've used the cheap Remington Thunderbolts without a problem either.

As to a scope, I have a BSA 4x32 designed for .22 rifles. My eyesight is such that the Tech Sights didn't work for me, but a fixed power scope works fine at Appleseed ranges.

Here is the Amazon listing for the scope, with reviews.

I use a fairly inexpensive BSA 4-16X scope......its a little on the large side, but makes for fun shooting especially when you want to see where all of your shots hit without switching to a spotting scope.

I picked up a cheapo BSA for <$30 at wally world seemed to do fine out to 100yrds at the GPP shoot. are there better sure but it will get the job done

I think we need a sticky for .22 scope suggestions where I can post Mueller APV one time and have everyone see it .[laugh]

+1

many moons ago i read a post from you and did the same.

it passed the "box" test and has never gave me issues

I've fed my 10/22 thousands of rounds of the federal bulk, no issues.... Put a few hundred remington bulk through with no FTFs or FTEs.... I picked up a bunch of federal lightning real cheap and haven't had any problems with that either.... (P22 doesn't like the lightnings AT ALL....)

From my HTC EVO via Tapatalk

I see probably 4-5 times more misfires from Remington Golden Garbage than Federal bulk pack on the lines at Appleseed Shoots. And my three 10/22s show a marked preference for the Federal. As for my Mark I and II pistols - the Remington turns them into Jammomatics and has ever since they changed the shape of the bullet 4-5 years ago. [puke]

.22 effective range isn't long enough to need a scope... Heh heh heh......

From my HTC EVO via Tapatalk
gotta agree with this. i had a Mueller APV on my CZ452, and it just got plain boring. its too easy. went back to iron sights and im having way more fun than with it scoped.

I have had good luck with a cheap ass gamo scope on one of my 22s. I used some decent leupold mounts though.
Funny I have used more cheap ass scopes but always with higher quality rings seems to work for me. Gamo scope going on 3 years still holding zero.

Back
Top Bottom