Ruger 10/22 Range Report

Hello everyone, earlier on I made a thread talking about the .22 LR round and other .22 cal ammo and the opinions everyone had about the round.

The kind folks here convinced me to buy a 10/22 Ruger andit's truly some of the best advice iv'e gotten. :D

The gun is simply amazing, it's craftmanship is top notch and I love it very much. I don't think I have one con thus far. And I just put 300 through it at the range while celebrating Mossberg's decision to dump dick's which I also put 18 through the Mossberg to celebrate lol.

41109830595_e696659899.jpg

One thing I will say is that the gun shoots WAY faster than I had assumed. I got off a full 10 round clip in about 2-3 seconds a few times. It also kept a nice tight formation too even with such rapid shooting. Even though I have rookie aim, it really held target well and I was nailing the red box in the middle quite a bit until I decided to go else where. It was amazing accurate even with iron sights.

I also love how I can put 300 rounds through it without feeling poor, or feeling like my shoulder went 3 rounds with Prime Tyson lol. It's truly a precise, comfortable shooting experience. I could honestly fire one all day and all night and never get bored of it. It's borderline theraputic lol.

I can see why the .22 LR is essential for every gun owner. It's the most fun you can have per dollar in the gun world. Truly an amazingly built and fun gun.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I am very happy to be a Ruger 10/22 owner and lover. God bless.

Last edited:
damn...you're about 50 years too late to the 10/22 party! [laugh] glad you like it, fun rifle for the money. hope you keep on enjoying it for a long time.

Have fun, put in a little time practicing fundamental s and your groups will shrink. My dad taught me how to shoot the same way the army did. Sight box exercises, then group size then actual zero of the rifle and what your shooting at.
I had to shoot 10 rounds consecutively with my 22 bolt gun and score a 8 or better at 25 yards before the semi auto plinking would begin.
We had a large selection of inexpensive semi auto 22s to play with. We could go years with out cleaning a rifle!

Congrats and good choice. It is hard not shoot fast with a 10/22. If you want to force yourself to slow down and work on the fundamentals, you can pick up a .22 bolt gun used for under $100 or get a lever gun but those will run you a good deal more.

Also, the 10/22 takes magazines, not clips :)

I bought my wife One and she can’t get enough of it .
I did install the auto bolt release exact extractor and buffer

Attachments

• E8B2F75C-97D0-47B1-B26C-61BB0E9D14B5.jpeg
    E8B2F75C-97D0-47B1-B26C-61BB0E9D14B5.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 52
The 10/22 is a great platform. You can upgrade literally everything on it as you go. I have one set up as a match rifle where the only original Ruger parts are the receiver and the v-block.

Hello everyone, earlier on I made a thread talking about the .22 LR round and other .22 cal ammo and the opinions everyone had about the round.

The kind folks here convinced me to buy a 10/22 Ruger andit's truly some of the best advice iv'e gotten. :D

The gun is simply amazing, it's craftmanship is top notch and I love it very much. I don't think I have one con thus far. And I just put 300 through it at the range while celebrating Mossberg's decision to dump dick's which I also put 18 through the Mossberg to celebrate lol.

41109830595_e696659899.jpg

One thing I will say is that the gun shoots WAY faster than I had assumed. I got off a full 10 round clip in about 2-3 seconds a few times. It also kept a nice tight formation too even with such rapid shooting. Even though I have rookie aim, it really held target well and I was nailing the red box in the middle quite a bit until I decided to go else where. It was amazing accurate even with iron sights.

I also love how I can put 300 rounds through it without feeling poor, or feeling like my shoulder went 3 rounds with Prime Tyson lol. It's truly a precise, comfortable shooting experience. I could honestly fire one all day and all night and never get bored of it. It's borderline theraputic lol.

I can see why the .22 LR is essential for every gun owner. It's the most fun you can have per dollar in the gun world. Truly an amazingly built and fun gun.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I am very happy to be a Ruger 10/22 owner and lover. God bless.

Full Stock or Take Down Version? Get some "tri mag" adapters & maybe a red dot... Gotta love 10/22's :)

Glad you are enjoying the 10/22 so much. Really great platform and nice to see new owners.

LOL, the NES troops are on their game for this one.

Back
Top Bottom