Ruger 10/22 Plastic trigger group

Is it worth going after an old Ruger 10/22 to avoid the plastic trigger group? Are the plastic new ones junk? Reason I'm asking is I'd like to get one to do an "Ultimate" buildup and wasn't sure if the new ones are junk or not.

I like the new plastic trigger guard ones a little better in some ways. The trigger guard is more resilient to being dropped or whacked, it won't dent and deform, which would render it useless because things would be out of alignment, but will instead either snap back to shape or else crack I guess.

I just dropped VQ target hammers into my two 10/22's, and they have wonderful triggers now. One of them is an old metal trigger frame, and the other is the newer plastic one, and I think they are both fine.

Mine's plastic and shoots beautifully. I upgraded the hammer and the bolt release with the VQ ones and had no problems. YMMV

No problems with the plastic trigger groups here. If you want a new rifle don't let it bother you. You may end up upgrading the goodies inside at some point anyway.

If you get a plastic once and don't like it, there are folks who make replacement trigger groups. No worries.

Back
Top Bottom