Ruger 10/22 help

peterk123

NES Member
I have been trying to locate a pink 10/22 rifle for my daughter but have not had much luck. The Gun Parlor had one for a while but it sold. I tried to purchase one from Buds but I just received an email that it is not Mass compliant so they cancelled my order. I am beside myself on that one. Scratch them from the list of someone to ever do business with in the future.

Has anyone seen one by any chance? I guess the next step is just to get a basic model at a local shop and order a pink stock, but that just seems like extra dollars spent when I should not have to.

Thanks

Pete

Call kittery trading post. They usually have some pink ones in stock.

Any local FFL should be able to order you one. Worst case, if the FFLs cant help, Dicks or Bass Pro might have one. Good Luck

Thank you so much. I have never done this before. So just give my local shop a heads up to handle the transfer? Buds had preferred FFl and they would have just automatically sent it to them; not that it did me any good.

Yeah just call your FFL prior to ordering online and make sure they're cool with the transfer. Then during checkout, you can select the FFL you want to use.

Use this to find a FFL.
http://grabagun.com/ffl-locator
All dealers highlighted in Blue are dealers who have an FFL license on file with us. If you decide to use them for your transfer you will not need them to send us a copy of their license. Just send us an email ([email protected]) and let us know who you decided to go with. You will still be resposible for contacting the FFL dealer to discuss their fee's and pickup processes.

Let your daughter have fun - get a 10/22 (making sure it is Mass legal, of course), pull the metal off and let her pick a can of spraypaint (or two, or three).

While you've got it apart, have fun doing the regular mods: round out the bolt hold open hole, larger mag release, shorten stock if needed, add a rubber buttplate for grip, sand the barrel channel and either modify or remove entirely the barrel band.

Then she's got time invested in HER rifle, and time with you doing gun stuff.

Ask your local dealer if they can get one.

The special colored 10/22's are not made by Ruger to sell, They are made as a special order for a distributor to sell. It took me quite a while to find a pink laminate one for my wife a couple years ago, but they are not as hard to find these days.

Shootingstore.com They are $234 you give them a deposite and have it shipped to your local dealer. The prices change a little amoung dealers so if you have more than one local to you check them all. I have purchased 2 guns this way and had them delivered to B&k in Natick. it was very fast and painless.

Here is the link https://www.theshootingstore.com/shop?search=10/22 pink&category=40

may or may not work for you. I just went to teh site and searched for pink 22 rifle

When you finally get a 10/22 for your daughter the trigger will be at least 5 pounds which is very hard to squeeze. I added a KIDD 2 pound single stage trigger to mine which is also adjustable. It is simple to install and took me about 2 minutes to do. They are a little expensive, but well worth it. You will love it compared to the factory trigger.

http://www.kiddinnovativedesign.com/KIDD-Single-Stage-Trigger-Unit_p_45.html

PS: If you still have trouble getting one where you live move down here to Georgia. You can buy anything you want. [grin][grin][grin][grin]

Last edited:
funny because ~1 year ago I did a karma for my red-pink laminate 10/22 stock

--

- - - Updated - - -

^this

and subsequent post from Andrew1220.

Boyds also makes a 10/22 red/pink stock. it's only like $50 more than the hogue and looks fantastic. however the pink hogue stock would probably be the most functional and give best grip. if you go with a Boyds just make sure the barrel profile is correct for the stock.

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/ProductDetail/3z268231e104_

Great gift Dad! I really enjoy giving my kids guns and then taking them shooting. When its their own, they tend to take more interest and care. Make sure you teach her how to clean and maintain it.

All good suggestions. I recommend finding a stock that is appropriate sized and adjustable. If the stock is too large she will not have a good time with "her rifle". You might consider taking her to a store with a huge stock of 10/22s and have here try them for size. After considerable search, I went with one of these to fit my younger shooters. http://www.cabelas.com/product/MAPUL-HUNTER-X-STOCK/2110398.uts The spacers allow the rifle to "grow" along with the shooter..and IME this stock allowed a younger shooter that couldn't quite shoulder a "normal sized" 10/22 to do so after the stock was swapped and all the spacers removed on the HUNTER-X stock.

As much as they are not a fave.. and may not ship to MA .. CTD seems to have one... https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/pro...-m-lok-polymer-pink-mag548pnk-840815108894.do

As mentioned before, can(s) of spray paint in the appropriate color(s) , and maybe some stickers to customize the rifle may be another way to go.

Last edited:
According to what Magpul told me the x-22 stock is a little bit heavier than the Archangel AAP1022 stock that I bought. It comes with cheek and stock length adjustments which is very convenient. I also paid $108 with free shipping. They also come in many colors like red, blue, black, green, purple and tan.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/361848997475?vectorid=229466&lgeo=1&item=361848997475&rmvSB=true

My finished 10/22 is Posted here. Look at Post # 37.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/333024-10-22-after-market-stocks/page4

Last edited:
Pink gun has been ordered. Jenna did her FID training course about a month ago, and hopefully will hear from our local police department that her FID card is ready for pickup. It would be perfect for her to get her card near her birthday, then hand her a rifle in her favorite color.

Now need to do some research on fun ways to shoot rifles at the range. Our family has only been shooting handguns, so this will be a new venture. Right now we are hooked on shooting steel with revolvers and semis. Thinking fifty yard shots through iron sights at various playing cards stapled onto cardboard could be fun with a rifle. I also need to figure out how folks are shooting at clay at the rifle range as well. I'm thinking they just rest them on the backstop. Have yet to see someone do it; only have seen the left over carnage of orange everywhere :)

Thanks again for all the help. You guys have been great.

Pete

Pink gun has been ordered. Jenna did her FID training course about a month ago, and hopefully will hear from our local police department that her FID card is ready for pickup. It would be perfect for her to get her card near her birthday, then hand her a rifle in her favorite color.

Now need to do some research on fun ways to shoot rifles at the range. Our family has only been shooting handguns, so this will be a new venture. Right now we are hooked on shooting steel with revolvers and semis. Thinking fifty yard shots through iron sights at various playing cards stapled onto cardboard could be fun with a rifle. I also need to figure out how folks are shooting at clay at the rifle range as well. I'm thinking they just rest them on the backstop. Have yet to see someone do it; only have seen the left over carnage of orange everywhere :)

Pete

Nice!

I also need to figure out how folks are shooting at clay at the rifle range as well. I'm thinking they just rest them on the backstop. Have yet to see someone do it; only have seen the left over carnage of orange everywhere :)
Pete

Clay holders, all shapes and sizes. Some are handmade, others bought. Here is a link to a common holder:
https://www.amazon.com/Pigeon-Hold-Holder-Target-Capacity/dp/B00AHIDIVI

Depending on your club and what is allowed, colored water in plastic jugs is fun, my 8 y/o daughter enjoys that. Also, grab cheap cans of colored soda from Walmart, BJs, etc and shake them up for fun plinking too. A little messy to clean up but worth the smile on the kid's face. Good luck and +1 for being a good dad!

You can do what I did for my niece. I bought a 10/22 and tossed a youth stock on it. Told her she could paint it and put stickers or whatever she wanted on it. Make it hers. it made it more personal for her. in the end she didnt do anything and just loves shooting it when we go to the range together.

Pete

I love orange range rat hunting. If your allowed to shoot other objects I like to go to the dollar stores and buy toy dinosaurs and other heavy rubber/plastic toys. Large chalk sticks are fun.
I also like to put paint balls out on golf Ts. Shoot the paint balls off the Ts with out hitting the T then go back and shoot the Ts in half.
Large piece of cardboard with a bunch of 1/4" dots is challenging also.
Look around your house. Find junk to shoot if you can set it up at the range.

There are also game targets such as battle ship and tic tac toe that are available as well. Also, make a bet, 10 shots on a target, loser buys the ice cream. I could always out shoot my daughter until ice cream was on the line.

Thanks again for the help guys. The pink gun is here. I can't believe I have to wait until the 24th of this month to shoot it, I mean give it to her. Very nice, smooth transaction. Shipped fast and the guys at the shop called the minute it showed up. Gun people are just nice to deal with :)

Thanks again for the help guys. The pink gun is here. I can't believe I have to wait until the 24th of this month to shoot it, I mean give it to her. Very nice, smooth transaction. Shipped fast and the guys at the shop called the minute it showed up. Gun people are just nice to deal with :)

She won't know you shot it.

I Put a scope on my wife's before I gave it to her, but I have a couple to shoot so it didn't matter.

Pete

If your range allows you to shoot most objects (cleaning up after your done of course) I went to market basket and bought 2 cases of cheap orange soda 12 ounce cans. Place them at various distances. They blow up nicely with big orange foam everywhere! Also a few 2 liters are fun for a bigger blast! I did this when I took my son out to try out his brand new target tactical 10-22. In one session he was hitting spent shotgun shells at 50 yards! It has a nice scope on it.

If you put a scope on that rifle for a challenge buy some Necco wafers and glue or tape them on a piece of cardboard or card stock. Tough to hit at a decent range and since their mostly sugar animals and birds will get whatever doesn't biodegrade on it's own. And yes they're still made at the factory in Revere AFAIK.

Back
Top Bottom