• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RUGER SFAR 🦅

The product announcement mentioned a proprietary barrel extension and bolt.

It made no mention of the fire control parts being compatible with standard AR parts; it could be a deal breaker if they're not.

Since it's a deal-maker to use standard AR lower internals, you'd think they would use that as a selling point if it's compatible. If.

Or maybe they just have copy writers who don't understand the market.
The Ruger page says it's "Compatible with mil-spec MSR trigger groups, receiver end plates, charging handles, pistol grips, and adjustable stocks."

I think this is neat. MSRP is $1200, so what's the street price looking like, $1k? Given the weight, the 16" with a 1-8x would make a sweet hunting rifle.

The “Buy Now” listings on Gun Broker are pretty much at $999. I think that’s a very reasonable price for what’s being delivered.

There's almost no compatibility on AR-10 anyways to begin with there are at least two or three different systems out there. I think the only point of compatibility is the magazines are usually the same.
So now there is another AR-10 pattern....

Except more compact, two pounds lighter, and uses AR fire control parts.

Otherwise, yeah, just the same as any of the many AR-10 variants.
I want to see accuracy.
Although if used for hunting inside of 200 yards, it is probably fine and 2lbs makes a big difference.

I wish the word spread out more that AR10 is not a standardized platform. That's why if you want one, I highly recommend a factory-built one. Ruger makes very well-built ARs, especially for their price point.
I’ve had the pleasure of helping a friend, who bough someone else’s incomplete AR-10 build. PITA.

Except more compact, two pounds lighter, and uses AR fire control parts.

Otherwise, yeah, just the same as any of the many AR-10 variants.
Yeah but it's still not an AR-15......

ETA: anything that eats from SR25/AR10 type mags is definitely not an AR15.

If you want to get technical it's "definitely neither, but looks like both" 🤣

Back
Top Bottom