• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RUGER SFAR 🦅

So they're taking a stab at the POF Revolution? Cool. I was curious about the POF, but have never really pursued it. I'd consider this one, depending how it responds to testing. Hopefully it'll outlast their SR-556 with the takedown barrel.

I think this thing is freakin awesome. 308 in a 556 size rifle? I already have the SR762 (Rugers piston-driven AR-10) which is almost the same thing. The only difference is the gas system and the size. If I didn't have that, I would definitely get this one.
How do you like the SR762? Accurate? Reliable?

So they're taking a stab at the POF Revolution? Cool. I was curious about the POF, but have never really pursued it. I'd consider this one, depending how it responds to testing. Hopefully it'll outlast their SR-556 with the takedown barrel.
The only POF I know is Plenty Of Fish. But I am sure that is not what you meant.

AH, makes sense, when I bought my POF SBR the only option was DI so I didn't know they offered it in piston now.
I thought that was the case!

They've rearranged the site. Now the "Revolution" has a piston, and the "Revolution DI" has a tube. I just linked the first one I could find up thread, because I'm lazy and on my phone.

Here's the DI page, for reference

I thought that was the case!

They've rearranged the site. Now the "Revolution" has a piston, and the "Revolution DI" has a tube. I just linked the first one I could find up thread, because I'm lazy and on my phone.

Here's the DI page, for reference
$2700 - me not likey. if that ruger could be processed through the mill, it would be nice to get one, i would be 'in'. a $1200 is quite reasonable.

How do you like the SR762? Accurate? Reliable?
It’s insane. Feels like a tank in your hands. It has an adjustable short-stroke piston system, the BCG is nickel boron coated, and the stock trigger is light and crisp. I’ve shot it at 200yds and it hits pretty well. It would probably make a good hog hunting gun.
3C569D33-733D-45D3-8B59-A26996EBE73B.jpeg

The product announcement mentioned a proprietary barrel extension and bolt.

It made no mention of the fire control parts being compatible with standard AR parts; it could be a deal breaker if they're not.

Since it's a deal-maker to use standard AR lower internals, you'd think they would use that as a selling point if it's compatible. If.

Or maybe they just have copy writers who don't understand the market.

The product announcement mentioned a proprietary barrel extension and bolt.

It made no mention of the fire control parts being compatible with standard AR parts; it could be a deal breaker if they're not.

Since it's a deal-maker to use standard AR lower internals, you'd think they would use that as a selling point if it's compatible. If.

Or maybe they just have copy writers who don't understand the market.
There's almost no compatibility on AR-10 anyways to begin with there are at least two or three different systems out there. I think the only point of compatibility is the magazines are usually the same.

Gut reaction:

neva-been-done-befo.jpg
🤣

Although I will say it is nice to see somebody making AR-10s that aren't like big f****** pieces of lard. Not everyone needs a 20in gun to shoot a mile with.

Back
Top Bottom