• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RRA LAR-8 info

****Check my follow up***
I'm not looking for the M&P15 anymore. *I am finally getting an AR. I have a lot of Smith guns and like them so I am going to get an M&P15. Does anyone know of the best place to get an M&P15 according to price first and service second? I have seen online prices as low as 775.00 for a brand new one but then I would have to pay for a transfer as the dealer is out of state. Also should I get one with a heavy barrel or get it plain jane and juice it up after? Thanks in advance for the reply's. Andy.[grin]

Last edited:
The Smith store sells 20% below MSRP and has occasional sales that exceed this, I have a M&P-15X and it is dead nuts reliable, you can also pick up some 30 round pre-ban magazines at Four Seasons, they also have good prices on the M&P's and is only an hour from NB.

The Smith store sells 20% below MSRP and has occasional sales that exceed this, I have a M&P-15X and it is dead nuts reliable, you can also pick up some 30 round pre-ban magazines at Four Seasons, they also have good prices on the M&P's and is only an hour from NB.

Thank you. I will check four seasons also. Much appreciated![smile]

you can also drive about 10 minutes further to North Shore Firearms if FS doesn't have what you are looking for. I got a couple never used pre-ban 30 mags there recently and bought my M&P 15 there about a year ago. Great staff over there.

IMHO the M&P 15 is superior to the almost identically set up Bushmaster I have. Great choice.

The Smith store sells 20% below MSRP and has occasional sales that exceed this, I have a M&P-15X and it is dead nuts reliable, you can also pay too much and pick up some 30 round pre-ban magazines at Four Seasons, they also have good prices on the M&P's and is only an hour from NB.

Fixed it for you.

I really like FS, but their pre ban prices are just stupid.

I bought an M&P lower earlier this year. When I picked it up at the S&W store in Springfield I saw they had M&P 15s in stock for what seemed reasonable price of ~$980 (this was near the peak of the black-rifle hoarding frenzy). At this point I regret not just buying the whole rifle, because I think the cost for me to find a S&W upper, stock and LPK plus the lower may total over $1,000. To that end, does anyone have any recommendations where I can get a good price on a complete S&W M&P15 flat-top upper? I'd actually prefer a non-Mass-complaint one because I was going to cut off the bayo lug and shorten the barrel so that the final length with a pinned ban-compliant muzzle brake would be just over 16".

Last edited:
Thanks again for all the feedback. Tons of good info and leads. I have made many phone calls and recieved the answers I was looking for due to all the responses here. Again THANK YOU!!![smile]

Soooooooo, I changed my mind and now need advice on a different rifle. I shot the M&P15 against the Rock River LAR-8. I likey the LAR-8. The M&P15 was very nice, but I like the .308 round and I was more accurate after 500yds with the AR-10 variant. Now I need to find one!!! I am looking for the 24" varmint version with the heavy Stainless barrel. Anybody know the best place to get or order Rock River Firearms? The few I have found are way over MSRP. Not sure why!?! Demand I guess. Any help appreciated as always, Andy.

Best source around these parts for RRA is Pete at Legal Transfers in Hampton, NH.
www.ar15sales.com

I used him for my 1st AR, a RRA 20" A4 and I love it. He was easy to deal with and had the best price anywhere.

Good luck on tracking down a LAR-8...I am not sure if they are even being produced. I know they had alot of issues with it at one point. If they were available, they had insane lead times.

Steve

Thank you so much. I just got off the phone with them. $1219.00 shipped. No more problems with them. Can have one in early Feb if I order now. That's not too bad. Seems they are catching up with demand.[smile][smile]

Best source around these parts for RRA is Pete at Legal Transfers in Hampton, NH.
www.ar15sales.com

I used him for my 1st AR, a RRA 20" A4 and I love it. He was easy to deal with and had the best price anywhere.

Good luck on tracking down a LAR-8...I am not sure if they are even being produced. I know they had alot of issues with it at one point. If they were available, they had insane lead times.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom