RRA 2 stage trigger

Im thinking about taking a punt on one of these for a new build since its 80 bucks. Are these things any good? Right now I have a SSA-E in my carbine and the NM service rifle one in my A2 build and those things are great.. Should I just get another geiselle or are these things decent? It will be for a big heavy varminting setup, I want to chase accuracy on paper this year.

I've heard nothing but good things about them. Value for the money is great. But you may be spoiled coming from a Geissele.

SSA in my varmint gun.

5e58ad9aaa0c81410db0677604ef0cc1.jpg

RRA Predator Pursuit upper. 20" 1:8 SS bbl. .223 Wylde chamber. Nikon m223 3-12×42

b30014ccb4cdae0548ca3c2f47867f41.jpg

9/16th" group. Superformance Varmint 53gr

0d961f4be59007190de9951cd285b45f.jpg

Called this flyer.

Last edited:
I own the RRA 2 stage and a Gizzelle (SP?). ( Two RRA's actually) Both brands are used in my CMP Service competition rifles. (CMP rules require a total of 4# pull for Service rifle class.) To be honest, I think I shoot better with the RRA as for me , it feels crisper and more predictable. The Gizzelle can be adjusted finer and lighter but I'm good with a 2# take up and 2# break.
IMHO, there is no better bang for the $ than the RRA trigger. I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

I would say the RRA 2 stage is considered by many to be the best 2 stage for the money.

For 80$ I,think its hard to beat. I like mine in my NM rifle and my varmint build.
That said though for shooting prone or bench I tried a jard 2lb single stage and really liked it.
I'm just to cheap to pick one up just yet. I'm planning on a bull barrel varmint build soon. Waiting on barrel and will either use th r RRA NM I,have already or pick up a light single stage.

Awesome trigger for the money! I bought one on sale awhile back for my M&P 15-22, and while I still think my SSA trigger is bit better feeling, it is also over two times more money and I don't think there is enough difference to justify that added cost. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them for future builds.

The RRA 2 stage trigger is a no brainer. Every semi-auto AR I own wears one.

There are 2 variants. One is the match trigger which complies with CMP requirements for weight. The other is I believe called the varmint, or something like that, trigger, costs about $10 more and is about a pound lighter. I think 3.5 lbs.

Don

I built a RRA lower couple of years ago and installed the RRA 2 stage trigger with the build. It is the only 2 stage trigger I own but it performs extremely well for me. You can spend a lot more for 2 stage and adjustable AR triggers but this is a very good deal for the money.

Last edited:
It's no Geissele but it's pretty good for the money.

saw this at AIM earlier, 99.95 free shipping
View attachment 156123

Has anybody used one of these? I wonder how it compares to the CMC triggers? I love the CMC triggers that we got in a group buy for $125 a couple of years ago. Those came with anti-walk pins, where the RISE triggers recommend that you buy KNS pins, which puts them up in the same ballpark.

I'm tempted to try one of these RISE triggers. I'd have a CMC in every rifle if we did another group buy.

The RRA 2 stage trigger is a no brainer. Every semi-auto AR I own wears one.

There are 2 variants. One is the match trigger which complies with CMP requirements for weight. The other is I believe called the varmint, or something like that, trigger, costs about $10 more and is about a pound lighter. I think 3.5 lbs.

Don

I,have not seen their varmint trigger in a while?

The RRA 2 stage is all I use. Can't beat it for the price, especially with C&R discount.

I put the varmint in my 15-22 when the Performance Center trigger decided to fire on the reset (semi-full auto?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome thanks guys, that build is just what I'm thinking of with the A2 stock and everything.
The best part of this gun that nobody sees is the RRA chromed bolt carrier group. When I built this gun a few years ago Rock River had a special going where it was a free upgrade or something. I'd pay for it in my next build. It's a thing of beauty. Not sure if you're building your upper or buying a complete one, but either way if it's from RRA, get it the chromed bcg.

That's a RRA scope mount, too. Heavy sumbitch, but stout.

The best part of this gun that nobody sees is the RRA chromed bolt carrier group. When I built this gun a few years ago Rock River had a special going where it was a free upgrade or something. I'd pay for it in my next build. It's a thing of beauty. Not sure if you're building your upper or buying a complete one, but either way if it's from RRA, get it the chromed bcg.

That's a RRA scope mount, too. Heavy sumbitch, but stout.

Chrome BCG currently on sale for $130. Good price?

What's the regular one cost? What's the normal price of the chrome bcg?

I just like it. Maybe a placebo effect as to whether there's an actual benefit. It just looks great. Easy to clean, too.

Regular one is normally $130, on sale for $87. Chrome BCG is normally $170, on sale for $130

Awesom, I ordered one of these today, along with the other stuff I need to finish off this reciever into a A2-style lower. Now I just have to save up my pocket money for a WOA upper, then somehow persuade my wife that I've been good so I can get some nice glass to go on the thing.

one more vote, I have installed in two lowers, they are great for the money.

Awesom, I ordered one of these today, along with the other stuff I need to finish off this reciever into a A2-style lower. Now I just have to save up my pocket money for a WOA upper, then somehow persuade my wife that I've been good so I can get some nice glass to go on the thing.

I just put in an order for a WOA a4 flattop last week. Lead time is 10-12 weeks, and they don't charge till they ship, so get your order in now, then you have 3 months to come up with the funds [wink]

I can't tell you what to do. Only what I would do. I'd get chromed. Ymmv

I have the rock river chromed BCG in my RRA NM upper. I like it alot. I went the season with out even cleaning it....(only 500 rounds for me this year) It came clean with nothing more than a spray of clp and a paper towel.

I have the rock river chromed BCG in my RRA NM upper. I like it alot. I went the season with out even cleaning it....(only 500 rounds for me this year) It came clean with nothing more than a spray of clp and a paper towel.

Done and done. Thanks for the feedback, and apologies for hijacking the thread

I don't see the functional benefit of a chrome bolt carrier. The regular ones only require a sphritz of CLP and a wipe with a paper towel.

Of course I see the bling benefit.

Chrome/NiB/melonited ones work longer between cleanings/lubing because the surface is inherently slicker.

If you clean and oil your rifle every 100rds or so, there is no reason to buy an exotic finish.

If you want to try and run 1000rds suppressed through it without any maintenance, you'll probably have better luck with a non-phosphate BCG.

I don't see the functional benefit of a chrome bolt carrier. The regular ones only require a sphritz of CLP and a wipe with a paper towel.

Of course I see the bling benefit.

on my standard RRA A2 i get carbon build up on piston that needs to be scraped off at 500 rounds.....not that it hinders function at all.

Back
Top Bottom