Rowley, MA armed robbery

DW357

NES Member
Anyone hear anything about this? Friends of mine that live in Ipswich were talking about it on Facebook earlier. Not much info in the news article yet, as they're still looking for the suspect.

http://m.northofboston.wickedlocal.com/article/20140609/NEWS/140606579

The Rowley Police are searching for an unidentified suspect in connection with an armed robbery committed this morning, Monday, June 9, near Spud’s Restaurant, Route 1 in Rowley.
Police had few details and couldn’t provide a description of the suspect.
Police don’t know how the suspect fled the scene.
"The initial report said there was a weapon involved, but we’re not sure what the weapon was," said Officer Charles Hazen, a Rowley Police Department spokesman.
No one was injured in the robbery, said Hazen.

Anyone hear anything about this? Friends of mine that live in Ipswich were talking about it on Facebook earlier. Not much info in the news article yet, as they're still looking for the suspect.

http://m.northofboston.wickedlocal.com/article/20140609/NEWS/140606579

The Rowley Police are searching for an unidentified suspect in connection with an armed robbery committed this morning, Monday, June 9, near Spud’s Restaurant, Route 1 in Rowley.
Police had few details and couldn’t provide a description of the suspect.
Police don’t know how the suspect fled the scene.
"The initial report said there was a weapon involved, but we’re not sure what the weapon was," said Officer Charles Hazen, a Rowley Police Department spokesman.
No one was injured in the robbery, said Hazen.

Damn good thing Rowley is a red town or someone might have been able to defend themselves and then where would the police be without a criminal to pursue in the social media?

Damn good thing Rowley is a red town or someone might have been able to defend themselves and then where would the police be without a criminal to pursue in the social media?

I see that Rowley has changed its color to green, I stand happily corrected!

I work 1,000' north of Spud's on the opposite side of the highway. There were cops everywhere this morning. I called the Rowley PD, identified myself and asked what was going on. They told me they were looking for a suspect that had tried to rob Spud's. I told if I see him, I'll shoot him. " No, no, no, no, no! " I said okay, if I see him I'll call you, I won't approach him. Most of the cops in town know me, I'll probably here something about it tonight. I did call about 45 minutes later on a guy just walking up Rt.1, he cut into the parking lot next to mine and went behind the Mexican restaurant. They showed up about 5 minutes later but he was gone. They weren't to worried, he didn't fit the description of the guy they were looking for. Big dooin's in Rowley, boredom capital of Essex County.

And, how many years has it been since Barry retired?

You know, I have no idea. It seems like yesterday but it's probably more like 5 years at least. Kevin's not doing too well. I think both he and his wife have some form of cancer. Despite his backward view on LTC's, Kevin is a really good guy.

From what I caught on the news, the guy knocked on the door to spuds which was locked, prior to them opening.
They could see a handgun in his hand and didn't open the door.
He left.
Still not caught.

From what I caught on the news, the guy knocked on the door to spuds which was locked, prior to them opening.
They could see a handgun in his hand and didn't open the door.
He left.
Still not caught.

maybe he was just looking for his loaded chamber indicator.

Friend of mine has lived there probably 15 to 20 years and had not had any carry license issues, however he is a pharmacist.

If that's who I think it is, his cul-de-sac is 4 houses from the former chief. A guy that drives for me never had a problem but before he drove for me, he drove for Rowley Welding, which was owned by the former chief. Mostly younger people were denied an LTC-A without Restriction their first time out by the former chief.

Back
Top Bottom