Routine traffic stop in Montana turns ugly. (Video)

Wolf99

NES Member
I don't think this is a dupe-

Listen for the first "click" as the driver pulls out and points the gun at the trooper....a .41 magnum revolver.
The "click" is the hammer dropping on an already fired round in the cylinder.
The second round was live! A lucky trooper indeed!
The suspect was shot in the back while driving away and died on scene after crashing into a telephone pole.

Note the speed at which the trooper draws his weapon and fires... the entire magazine!
All 15 rounds -- Accurately!
Practice makes perfect.
Dashboard video from a January traffic stop in Hamilton that ended in gunfire.
A jury ruled on April 13, 2010 that Hamilton Police Officer Ross Jessop was justified in shooting Raymond Thane Davis .

http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...mix_cdf93fba-47ca-11df-9f5c-001cc4c002e0.html

Wow, that's a pretty damn good reaction and some nice shooting. I bet you that's one officer that does more shooting than just his qualification rounds.

As I was taught in the Academy . . . There are NO "routine stops"!

MV stops and DV calls are the two most dangerous things that LEOs face in the line of duty.

Treating them as "routine" is what gets officers hurt/killed.

...A jury ruled on April 13, 2010 that Hamilton Police Officer Ross Jessop was justified in shooting Raymond Thane Davis.

Ya think?!?!? [wink] Good shooting on the officer's part, I'll bet he brushed up on his officer safety tactics after this one.

Did anyone else find it funny that he said "The suspect just crashed into a light pole?"

I would have said two words beginning with M and F......

Great job. Hearing and seeing that these things happen just makes me appreciate the leo's more. I have a few family members that are leo's and I forget the risk they take every day.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom