Room clearing by professionals

Gfy edgelord. Maybe ill blow my brains out tonight because apparently Im an angry vet and need help. Is that what you want to hear? Not so funny now right, clowns.

Bro that is a wildly inappropriate reply to give anyone. If you need help, please PM me. If you are just trying to be dramatic, know that what you just said is not acceptable in any way other than a cry for help.

Bro that is a wildly inappropriate reply to give anyone. If you need help, please PM me. If you are just trying to be dramatic, know that what you just said is not acceptable in any way other than a cry for help.
Well now he and those who reacted are guarding their words, arent they. Im completely fine. Thanks. Just because someone types/assumes something on a forum doesnt mean it's true.

Well now he and those who reacted are guarding their words, arent they. Im completely fine. Thanks. Just because someone types/assumes something on a forum doesnt mean it's true.

Ya, when somebody begging for attention gets it by saying they are going to suck start a shotgun, one kinda steps back.

And you are not "completely fine". .. seek some help.

10th mountain is about to run out of engineer tape and grass to stake it to.

f***ers will be doing glass houses in their sleep in the DCSM and MG Mennes have their way. ---of course in order to do this, they need to carve out the time for their manuever units to do this without neglecting the training requirements of the non maneuver units.

Gentlemen, please. My NG unit was so gay it had a rainbow as our distinctive unit insignia. And holy shit, if that video makes you cringe you might want to take a xanax, lay on a couch and let me tell you about 19 year old Dench running as fast as he can from a 40lbs block of C4 left over from the day on a time delay fuze. This was, of course, immediately after we hit the range safety NCO with a piece of shrapnel from train track cutting, because we were way to cool to go into the bunker at the range and stood ontop of it like the true warriors we were.

This is like a 3/10 in terms of crazy/stupid/dangerous shit going on in the army on both active and NG.

This video is about as cringe as said demo ranges ammo supply point, which was the same distance as previously mentioned bunker that was being hit by shit from the range.

[rofl]
Isn’t the rainbow patch the 42nd? Very good friend of mine was a SGM in that unit. I asked him one time what the patch meant, and he said it was an infantry unit from WWII, and back then it was a “full” patch (full rainbow), but that half of the entire unit was KIA, and in remembrance that cut it in half. Not sure if entirely true but that’s what he told me. Supposedly a very storied unit.

Isn’t the rainbow patch the 42nd? Very good friend of mine was a SGM in that unit. I asked him one time what the patch meant, and he said it was an infantry unit from WWII, and back then it was a “full” patch (full rainbow), but that half of the entire unit was KIA, and in remembrance that cut it in half. Not sure if entirely true but that’s what he told me. Supposedly a very storied unit.
Yes that's it. Im not sure if that story is true, but I've also heard it.

I did like the patch on BDUs. It was the only patch I was aware of worn off center.

When ACUs came somehow the off center thing was replaced with traditional centering.

Yeah, though high ready is usually frowned on during shoot houses with catwalks. So low ready is preferred.

1. Flagging everyone in sight is the most egregious
2. Gaggle-f***ing around in a very uncoordinated fashion, particularly directly behind doors before entering the next room
3. Double breaching doors like they’re busting into a bar from the movie Swingers
4. Not clearing corners on their way to points of domination
5. 2nd guys doing whatever they want instead of covering sectors that weren’t covered by the 1st guy

I’m sure there’s more too, but I can’t watch that again.
The people watching from above would also seem to be in danger

Gentlemen, please. My NG unit was so gay it had a rainbow as our distinctive unit insignia. And holy shit, if that video makes you cringe you might want to take a xanax, lay on a couch and let me tell you about 19 year old Dench running as fast as he can from a 40lbs block of C4 left over from the day on a time delay fuze. This was, of course, immediately after we hit the range safety NCO with a piece of shrapnel from train track cutting, because we were way to cool to go into the bunker at the range and stood ontop of it like the true warriors we were.

This is like a 3/10 in terms of crazy/stupid/dangerous shit going on in the army on both active and NG.

This video is about as cringe as said demo ranges ammo supply point, which was the same distance as previously mentioned bunker that was being hit by shit from the range.

[rofl]
The 42nd ID patch is pretty gay. I was with the One Eight Deuce for a while. Drilled out of Victory Road after I got off Active Duty.
It was certainly interesting.

Gfy edgelord. Maybe ill blow my brains out tonight because apparently Im an angry vet and need help. Is that what you want to hear? Not so funny now right, clowns.

that-escalated-quickly.jpg

And yes, it is funny. LOL. Stop taking life so seriously around here.

Yeah, though high ready is usually frowned on during shoot houses with catwalks. So low ready is preferred.
Tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) should not be based on who is watching in a training environment.
The TTPs should be based on an enemy's most probable and most dangerous courses of action.
Those watching from the catwalk whether they are an instructor, evaluator, or "tourist" should be well aware of, trained and/or supervised on where to correctly and safely observe during training.

Special Forces soldiers tend to prefer low port.
SEALs tend to prefer high port.
These guys (fmr SF and SEAL) present their views on each technique:

Tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) should not be based on who is watching in a training environment.
The TTPs should be based on an enemy's most probable and most dangerous courses of action.
Those watching from the catwalk whether they are an instructor, evaluator, or "tourist" should be well aware of, trained and/or supervised on where to correctly and safely observe during training.

Special Forces soldiers tend to prefer low port.
SEALs tend to prefer high port.
These guys (fmr SF and SEAL) present their views on each technique:

More like Army prefers low ready and Navy prefers high port, culturally. Not just SF and SEALs, but any Army elements conducting CQC and Navy elements training on VBSS. Though there was a shift within SOF towards using what is prudent for the situation and being flexible.

And I agree that TTPs should not be driven by training safety considerations. But they have been and will continue to be to some degree. Especially with the conventional forces.

Wikipedia cites this book:
Which when I searched repeats that story.
The 42nd Division adopted a shoulder patch and distinctive unit insignia acknowledging the nickname.[5] The original version of the patch symbolized a half arc rainbow and contained thin bands in multiple colors.[6][7] During the latter part of World War I and post war occupation duty in Germany, Rainbow Division soldiers modified the patch to a quarter arc, removing half the symbol to memorialize the half of the division's soldiers who had been killed or wounded during the war.[6]

... what a toxic thread :(

some of you folks need to lighten up...

all I know is a cringed multiple times and all my red lights in my head went off several times while watching that video. what a clusterfcuk that clean up could become if it was real... ugh...

The video. Just wow. The list for what was done right would certainly be shorter than the wrong based on my limited training. It's only a Metter of time before something unfortunate occurs with whoever is running that program at the helm.

This thread. Dumpster fire 🤣.

With a 4 man stack, isn't 1 and 2 in line supposed to divert to the right and left corners while 3 and 4 take care of the middle, while all 4 directing their muzzles to the back of the room to mitigate any muzzle sweeping?
Not 'necessarily. 1st guy through the door is never 'wrong'. Everyone cues off first guy.

But yeah, that was ugly to watch.

Hats off to the commander, that video had to be a kick in the nuts to make.

2 edits: Added 'never'
It looks to me like they've run the house before and just turned on the targets. If they were seeing it the first time, they were very fast hitting those targets, but leaving the 'dark' areas uncovered behind them. So, I'm 'hoping' they knew where the targets were and just ran the house.

Wow.
I'm quite literally an old, fat, balding accountant with zero tactical training and even I saw how that was really bad. :(

Well, except for the occupation (I'm in software) I'm pretty much the same. I have watched a fair number of Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, Rambo type movies, so that does give me "some" tactical training. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom