• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Romulan Ale Recipe

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mr. Stockwell's Romulan Ale Recipe, serves two:

0.5oz 190-proof Everclear
0.5oz Gosling's 151
0.5oz Widow's Walk 135-proof RI rum
1oz 100-proof Smirnoff
Dash of lemon juice
Dash of lime juice
Few splashes of Peychaud's
Enough Bols Blue Curacao to effect color change

Shake for fifteen seconds. Serve in a frozen martini glass. Don't drink more than three per person.

Last edited:

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just gave myself a psychedelic experience making a second batch of this stuff:

1oz Smirnoff 100-proof vodka
1oz Widow's Walk 135-proof rum
1oz Gosling's 151-proof Black Seal rum
1oz lemon juice
1oz lime juice
3oz Bols Blue Curacao
Three shakes of Peychaud's

The Gosling's and the Peychaud's gives the drink a nice, fruity flavor but a darker color. Less electric blue and more deep blue. Though there is this picture from the Original Series:

Now if I can just find some high octane Everclear, I can be tripping balls like Spock on spores [laugh][laugh][laugh]

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
got a recipe for a good Klingon Blood Wine?

Anyone find any Saurian brandy at Kappy's lately?

nothing like a good glass of Cardasian Kanar
So I have a theory for Klingon Blood Wine:

*Bual or Malmsey Madeira
*Dansk Mjod Viking Blod Mead
*Jaegermeister
**Taylor Fladgate 20-year Tawny Port
***Cognac

Mead is a very traditional warrior's drink and the rest is a very thick, rich, masculine flavor that'll hit you like the bat'leth of Kahless.

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got ahold of Everclear 190-proof and here's how to make Romulan Ale with a definite punch (I find it somewhat psychedelic) but while leaving you with the ability to function. Barely function.

*1oz Gosling's 151-proof dark rum
*1oz Widow's Walk 135-proof white rum
*1oz Smirnoff 100-proof vodka
*0.5oz Everclear 190-proof
*Three splashes of Peychaud's
*1oz of lemon and lime juice, each
*Enough Bols Blue Curacao to effect color change to a deep blue

Shaking makes the drink taste better, more fruity, than stirring, which tastes more like raw alcohol. I tried cutting the drink down with Perrier and also with crushed ice but it just ruins the flavor and the kick and turns the drink into this bland blue slurry. Only serve this in a martini, cocktail, or tumbler glass. You can probably mix and match the bitters and the fruit juice to your taste. You just need something to cut down on the hard alcohol.

Do not have more than one, maybe two of these. Do not drive after having one of these. Do not handle guns after having one of these. Eat while drinking this. KFC or other fatty, filling food works good. But brother, you're feeling mighty fiiiiine after one of these.

And remember, only use this for medicinal purposes.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
You can actually function after a round of that concoction,I can see many a person on the floor tripping out watching the ceiling fan spin going "wowww" with a goofy grin on their face

Last edited:

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can actually function function after a round of that concoction,I can see many a person on the floor tripping out watching the ceiling fan spin going "wowww" with a goofy grin on their face
So here's my morning after report: you shouldn't handle or operate machinery after one of these. You have to eat something. I didn't engage in drunk posting. I woke up around my normal 5:30am time. No hangover, no rush to the toilet.

I would be very selective in giving these out to house guests. Like I wouldn't suggest making a punch bowl of this stuff and handing out plastic cups. Probably be best to put it in a slushy format if you're doing a party.

Done right and with care, it's a legit cocktail.

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update: fish and chips works exceedingly well with soaking up the alcohol bite of Everclear-included Romulan Ale.

Fry up some fries and cod and break out the strong drink.

union

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time I'd like to come by and try it and maybe hang out for a day or two while it wears off.
Update: fish and chips works exceedingly well with soaking up the alcohol bite of Everclear-included Romulan Ale.

Fry up some fries and cod and break out the strong drink.
Next time I'd like to come by and try it and maybe hang out for a day or two while it wears off.

Top Bottom