Romney signed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One baby step.

One teeny, tiny baby step.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2006/07/romney_signs_bi.html

Governor Mitt Romney signed legislation today that eased test requirements on target pistols, a move designed to make it easier for manufactures to sell the sport guns in Massachusetts.

The bill, sponsored by Rep. Frank Hynes (D-Marshfield), created an exemption for target pistols from a state law that requires gun makers to test five examples of each new firearm "until destruction" to guard against accidental discharges. Manufacturers have argued that the tests are expensive and made it cost prohibitive to sell target pistols in Massachusetts.

"By Making this common-sense change to the law we will enable target pistol manufactures to do business in our state and allow enthusiasts to practice the sport they love," Romney said in a written statement.

The guns are used for target shooting in competitions, including the Olympic Games.

Sorry if this update was posted already. Didn't see it on the "front page".

Does that mean I could order a Browning Buckmark pistol now?

this has been a law that has boggled me for some time... was there a rash of homicides and robberies made with 3,000.00$ sport pistols that someone forgot to tell me about?
its about time this one got eased up on..
totally ludicrous..if you got a several thousand dollar sport pistol chances are pretty strong you dont need to be robbing the Circle-K for crack money..

SnakeEye said:
this has been a law that has boggled me for some time... was there a rash of homicides and robberies made with 3,000.00$ sport pistols that someone forgot to tell me about?
its about time this one got eased up on..
totally ludicrous..if you got a several thousand dollar sport pistol chances are pretty strong you dont need to be robbing the Circle-K for crack money..

Exactly. But the firearms laws in this state were never meant to curb crime. They were meant to disarm the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom